Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need a history lesson

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by westernsky20, Sep 13, 2009.

1. westernsky20

westernsky20 Portland, OR Member

I'm new to guns, I know what Obama wants to do to take gun rights away and I know what Cliton did. What I would like to know what bush did if anything to take away gun rights.

2. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

From what I remember, he let the assault rifle ban expire. I could be wrong though...

3. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I thought that was the Brady Campaign, Pelosi, Reed, and Bloomberg. I could be wrong to. I am sure somebody knows the answer.

4. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Bush told congress that if they would renew the "assault rifle" ban, he would sign it. However, Democrats remembered what happened to many of their party in 1994 and didn't feel that the time was right to push a gun ban. Gunowners have a few friends (and enemies) in each of the major parties. Remember your friends! Send your enemies packing!

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Actually, Bush stated that if the AWB passed his desk with NO CHANGES to it he would sign it...however, Congress decided to add calliber restrictions, waiting periods and other BS to their bills and Bush kicked them back everytime. Therefore, the AWB expired and now I can put my 6-possition collapsible stock on my post-ban AR-15.

6. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Ummmm - not exactly...

He said he'd sign one if one ever reached his desk...

None ever reached his desk.

The most important thing that Bush II did was appoint Justices to the Supreme Court that passed reading comprehension on the 2nd Amendment.