JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a good gun safe with room for rifles and some side shelves for pistols/ammo/papers, etc.
I'm looking to be around $500-$800
They have a first alert at costco for $500, but the reviews weren't great.
I would rather have a dial combo lock than the new digital push button, but I can look beyond that.

Any info helps, Thanks everyone!

Tracker Safes are in Vancouver....http://www.trackersafe.com/.

I've heard people poo-poo them compared to the high end safes, $1,000.00-$3,000.00++, but from what their salesmen tell me all safes under a grand are pretty much built the same. It's not 'till you get way up there that there is any real difference. The salesmen I've spoken to at the gun shows have been real nice and informative IMO. There's also something to said for having a place to get parts or service if needed.

No affiliation here.

Mike

As far as I know they do have a store. I'd heard something about needing an appointment or something to see a showroom but don't recall exactly what it was. They have also been to any gun show I've been to at the EXPO.

I agree with you about the mechanical lock - I've heard some folks have had a lot of trouble getting into their safe if the electronic lock fails, and it does seem to happen, even if infrequently. That was one of my reasons for choosing a safe from Cannon. Their new EMP lock is a combo electric and mechanical - you can use either. Unfortunately, it's not available on a safe in your price range. If you can live without that, I would recommend the Cannon line of safes.

I did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews before I made my decision to go with Cannon. They have some great ratings and offer an impressive warranty. They have 5 different 'series' of safes, from the budget styles up to really expensive. Home Depot online carries them (not in the stores), but shipping to your home is free on these safes - they'll bring them right to your door. I'd say they're at least worth looking in to. You would have to cross the $1,000 point to get into those electric/mechanical lock models.

Good luck in your search.

Here is one that's a bit more than you wanted to spend, but at least a start for review (I just noticed they're on sale through today):

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cannon-S...afe-with-Chrome-Finish-S19-H1TEC-13/204123653

I recently picked up a 24 gun, 400# American Security gun safe on Craig's List for under $600. The exact same safe under a new model number costs $2500 today new. Same body thickness, same lock mechanism, same insulation. The only difference is the model number on the name plate. It has an hour of fire protection, and a mechanical lock, which is what I wanted. The only way to tell it's used is it has a couple of small paint chips.

I know it sounds funny but check out your local costco. They have great safes in your price range or sportsmans wear house -- no sales tax on safes in Washington ether

I know it sounds funny but check out your local costco. They have great safes in your price range or sportsmans wear house -- no sales tax on safes in Washington ether
I bought a decent Big Horn safe from Costco for $599 with free delivery. I think they have them on sale again.
Sure it's not a Liberty, but it was in my price range.

You will get more steel for your money with a higher quality company like sturdy safe. Not going to be as big as a Cannon or whatever brand for the same price but much better quality and more steel. Anything is better than nothing though ;)

Here is the entry level http://www.sturdysafe.com/products/model-2419

Call them for a quote, their prices over the phone will be less than advertised online.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top