JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope you enjoy your Sig 250 Compact 45 ACP.

I feel your pain regarding arthritis in the hands. I also have it in the base joint of my strong hand thumb. I call it TDA thumb and it is the reason I favor my DAO pistols today.

I've found that changing my diet to avoid inflammatory food and beverage choices help. I avoid HFCS like the plague.

At 72, I've found doing some grip strengthening exercises helps greatly. I use the Vive hand therapy ball kit and work their exercises daily. I tend to use the Vive balls as stress relievers too. A helpful daily exercise I've adapted to enhance my shooting grip is to grab the ball in a power grip while locking my wrist and pointing my arm as if shooting.

Again, enjoy your new Sig!!!

I hope you enjoy your Sig 250 Compact 45 ACP.

I feel your pain regarding arthritis in the hands. I also have it in the base joint of my strong hand thumb. I call it TDA thumb and it is the reason I favor my DAO pistols today.

I've found that changing my diet to avoid inflammatory food and beverage choices help. I avoid HFCS like the plague.

At 72, I've found doing some grip strengthening exercises helps greatly. I use the Vive hand therapy ball kit and work their exercises daily. I tend to use the Vive balls as stress relievers too. A helpful daily exercise I've adapted to enhance my shooting grip is to grab the ball in a power grip while locking my wrist and pointing my arm as if shooting.

Again, enjoy your new Sig!!!
I have hand issues also, and also own a P250 in 9mm/45 (convertible). Love the gun it is my usual EDC. I find that a 45 with a longer barrel is more comfortable to shoot recoil-wise. I suggest that you go smaller (9mm) with a more aggressive defensive bullet.

If you get curious about striker fired pistols remember that Apex makes after market triggers for many models that can improve the feel of the trigger immensely. I have an M&P 45 with an Apex trigger and it feels nearly as good as a very nice 1911 trigger.

Well, things changed a bit since I posted. I bought & am carrying an M&P compact 3.6" in 9mm. It's been great, light, accurate, surprisingly easy shooting and with a choice of four backstraps if fits my hand perfectly. :)

Well, things changed a bit since I posted. I bought & am carrying an M&P compact 3.6" in 9mm. It's been great, light, accurate, surprisingly easy shooting and with a choice of four backstraps if fits my hand perfectly. :)
Congrats on the new pistol. There are some great 9mm defensive ammo offerings these days. For years I carried Federal HST 147gr which has had great performance in gel tests I have read about, and good reports from LE use in the field. Now I carry Underwood Xtreme Defender ammo.

Congrats on the new pistol. There are some great 9mm defensive ammo offerings these days. For years I carried Federal HST 147gr which has had great performance in gel tests I have read about, and good reports from LE use in the field. Now I carry Underwood Xtreme Defender ammo.
Federal HST 147 gr as well as Speer Gold Dot 147 gr... Either make for a great defense round in 9mm...

If you get curious about striker fired pistols remember that Apex makes after market triggers for many models that can improve the feel of the trigger immensely. I have an M&P 45 with an Apex trigger and it feels nearly as good as a very nice 1911 trigger.
I've installed APEX triggers on two of my 1.0 M&P pistols and on a Gen 4 Glock 19. They make a world of difference. You can install them yourself if you're even moderately mechanically inclined. Worth every penny.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top