JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I ain't afraid of no ghost...

What a horrible , slanted and poorly researched article.
Which was written in such a way as to to spin a tale that is filled with half truths and out lies.

With "reporting" like this it is no wonder that many people who don't look into things further than the front page or latest trending ( or dare I say trendy ) news alert , know next to nothing about guns , gun laws or gun owners...
Andy

Status quo for NBC. The people who edit quotes and tapes to get the soundbite they want.

This loophole nonsense is getting a bit out of hand with the gunshow loophole, the Charleston loophole and now the ghost gun loophole. Pretty soon they will be saying a loophole in the law allows an arsenal of more than one gun and 4 rounds of ammunition, or a loophole in the law allows for you to prevent an intruder in your home from fulfilling his needs with your teenage daughter.

Maybe we need to regulate the "Going outside loophole" or "Just being stupid loophole".
Both can be mighty dangerous.

Heck just being alive is dangerous ... 'cause everybody dies in the end... Maybe regulate the " Being Alive Loophole".

I hear you though Slimer ... it gets taken waaaay too far.
Andy

On the heels of that thought...
Name a law the did indeed prevent a crime?
If someone wants to do something bad enough ... they will find a way no matter what.

Note I am not saying to do away with laws ...
But when a law harms , disrupts or intrudes on a otherwise law abiding citizen ... It is not longer a just law.
Andy

SO, exactly where did they come up with these ( generated facts) facts, crooks buying Ghost Guns and then building them and using them in crimes "from Maryland to California!

Federal officials like Graham Barlowe, the resident agent in charge of the ATF's Sacramento office, say the loophole is dangerous.

"People that could not pass a background check," said Barlowe, "are purchasing these unfinished receiver kits and making firearms because they know that if they went to a gun store, they wouldn't be able to pass a background check."

Police say criminals are well aware of the availability of "ghost guns," and they've been used in shootings across the country, from Maryland to California.

Jeff Rossen, NBC News national investigative correspondent, went online to see how easy it would be to order these gun kits. He quickly found dozens of websites offering the product, and ordered a rifle kit, which he had shipped to former ATF agent Rick Vasquez in Virginia.

All the parts needed to assemble a gun were in the box when it arrived. It took Vasquez a couple of hours to assemble the weapon.

"This is now a completed semi-automatic firearm," said Vasquez, showing it to Rossen. Rossen noted that there was no serial number on the finished product, making it untraceable.

Said Vasquez, "That is correct … You cannot trace this firearm." He and Rossen then took the weapon to a range and fired it, where in Vasquez's expert opinion, it "work[ed] great."
SO, it only took a "couple of Hours" ha, I would surely like to find that kit! Bubblegummer lying sack of Dodo!!!

THIS my friends is how WE are getting beaten, they make Sh!t up about something they know nothing about, and sell it french fried with dipping sauce to all the Sheeple! :mad::mad::mad:
In actual fact, the cooks have nothing to do with any of this, it's the politico elites who wish to disarm us by removing the Ghost Gun and the right to buy, build, and own a perfectly legal firearm that isn't REGULATED ( just as out founding fathers intended) by any one, Cant have that now can we!:eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:

I can build a complete 80% gun from paperweight to test fire in under an hour using a manual mill, if you had a CNC it would be more like 20 minutes

The first one I did probably took three hours but after half a dozen it goes pretty quick

Last Edited:
It's not a loophole because you're not buying a gun. Period. Dot.

You're buying the components to BUILD a firearm, which is 100% legal to do. Thy want to make it sound terrible that you can make your own gun without government intervention. THAT'S what they're going after, the yellow-bellied weasel tossers.

Maybe we need to regulate the "Going outside loophole" or "Just being stupid loophole".
Both can be mighty dangerous.

Heck just being alive is dangerous ... 'cause everybody dies in the end... Maybe regulate the " Being Alive Loophole".

I hear you though Slimer ... it gets taken waaaay too far.
Andy

If there is a loop hole law that needs to be closed it is definitely the STUPID one! If you sit down and think about it that would take care of everything. No more politicians, protesters, I mean really getting rid of stupid pretty much takes care of it all. :)

I can build a complete 80% gun from paperweight to test fire in under an hour using a manual mill, if you had a CNC it would be more like 20 minutes

The first one I did probably took three hours but after half a dozen it goes pretty quick
In addition, I can build an AR from scratch in about 30-40 minutes. So together we could crank out a gun per hour.

I guess most criminals would also spend the $10 grand on a series III Bridgeport mill behind these idiots. News media cracks me up
IMG_0952.PNG

Last Edited:
Why aren't they talking about the drunk driving loopholes. Any alcoholic can buy a car.
In 2015, 10,265 people died in the U.S. in alcohol-impaired driving accidents.
Where's the mandatory breathalyzer built into each and every vehicle.

Okay, dumb questions maybe, is this article referring to 80% lowers that you have to grind out the metal where the trigger assembly and stuff goes? If that's the case the article should explain that. And is it true that on a lower like this there is no serial # on it? If there is no serial # on that lower wouldn't that mean that can't ever legally sell it to anyone?

We're in the misinformation age!

Yeah that's what they are saying. I engrave all my 80% lowers inside the mag well area, just in case on a sad day they are stolen. Something to atleast verify they are mine.

Okay, dumb questions maybe, is this article referring to 80% lowers that you have to grind out the metal where the trigger assembly and stuff goes? If that's the case the article should explain that. And is it true that on a lower like this there is no serial # on it? If there is no serial # on that lower wouldn't that mean that can't ever legally sell it to anyone?

We're in the misinformation age!

How much of the latest BATF "News" involves the agency being concerned about cutbacks by the Trump Administraton? As lRonald Regan said, the closest thing to immortality is a Federal Agency, and they will do anything to survive.

I was involved in trucking, and in Oregon the number of truck inspections at the scales skyrocketed when the Legislature was in session. They wanted to have a bunch of "safety violations" to wave in front of the Lawmakers. After they got their budget, they went back to normal.

Schumer and his buddies are playing to their base. Fortunately, the "Middle" has caught on to the fact that this is an extreme and destructive position. The proper response is to call out the "fake news" aspect of this propaganda, and point out that full enforcement of current laws will do far more to solve crime.

Yeah that's what they are saying. I engrave all my 80% lowers inside the mag well area, just in case on a sad day they are stolen. Something to atleast verify they are mine.

My problem is they make it sound like getting a model airplane and glue and putting the thing together when you get home, and it ain't that easy! Also, no stats, just unsubstantiated statements!

I don't understand how any semi intelligent, thinking person can watch/listen to the news outlets anymore.

"A legal loophole means that anyone, including criminals, can write a so-called "article" on the web without a background check - a article with no no actual investigation or thought put into it.

The articles are written from BS and arrive in emails from billionaire PR agencies, so under existing law, when they're published, they are considered news. When read by their readers, they're lethal - and legal.

Federal officials like Graham Barlowe, the resident agent in charge of the ATF's Sacramento office, say the loophole is dangerous.

"People that could not pass a first grade writing class," said Barlowe, "are writing these BS articles and making "fake news"
because they know that if they tried to be a real journalist, they wouldn't be able to get a job."

On the heels of that thought...
If someone wants to do something bad enough ... they will find a way no matter what.

Note I am not saying to do away with laws ...
But when a law harms , disrupts or intrudes on a otherwise law abiding citizen ... It is not longer a just law.
Andy

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson.

This loophole nonsense is getting a bit out of hand...

I expect that, like any hyperbole, it will eventually get worn-out from overuse / misuse.

It seems probable that moral and ethical people have, on occasion, chosen to not do something they might otherwise, because of the legal consequences, even if it's just slowing down when you notice you're speeding. And that's the significant difference between us and criminals: we choose not to commit crimes.

Maybe that's the heart of it: there's only so much a society and its laws can do to compel or coerce someone into making one choice instead of another, but it still comes down to a choice that is completely up to the person.

Okay, dumb questions maybe, is this article referring to 80% lowers that you have to grind out the metal where the trigger assembly and stuff goes? If that's the case the article should explain that.

Buuuuuut explaining that it's difficult to do, and requires special tools and skills, would take away from the sensationalism of the article.

If 80% lowers scare people, why wouldn't owning a mill, lathe or drill press? Or just blocks of metal, which are so-called "0% receivers"? Heck, if some uneducated dudes in Pakistan can make clones of AKs, Makarovs, and Hi-Powers out of scrap metal with just a hammer, drill and a file, maybe we should outlaw being scared? Some people's irrational fear of mere possibilities could be re-defined as "terrorism", never mind that claiming someone else is "making" you feel a given way would necessitate the existence of telepathy.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads