JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless and until the SCOTUS is prepared to strike down every gun law in every state (and I don't see that happening anytime soon), I don't see how Congress can require a sovereign state to accept another state's CCP.

Washington, for example, doesn't require any training; Oregon does. Without debating the wisdom of requiring training or not, why should Oregon be forced to accept CCPs held by untrained Washington residents?

1B302620-7BB1-4306-AC6D-B055173465CC.jpeg

My .02,

People who have a CHL in their home state and perhaps from conservative states like Utah; should think twice before letting their "other state CHL" expire.

Many policies in the USA run on election cycles; in the case of a Utah CHL, renewal is only $10.00.... so I've heard...:rolleyes:

I do not believe that the anti-freedom progressive liberal Bloombots will let this happen. They will not give us law abiding gun owners anything that they have taken away in the past, they want MORE control and power over their lowly subjects.:mad::mad:

Washington, for example, doesn't require any training; Oregon does. Without debating the wisdom of requiring training or not, why should Oregon be forced to accept CCPs held by untrained Washington residents?
I don't recall any "training" to get my OR CWP, unless the 45 min online class counts. I think there should be a certain level of training that goes along with it but I also think that is definitely going to be one of the biggest hurdles that will have to be overcome if anything passes.

Without debating the wisdom of requiring training or not, why should Oregon be forced to accept CCPs held by untrained Washington residents?

see your point; here's another to consider:
if We the People have the RIGHT to bear arms, how does putting it in our pocket instead of on our belt, negate that very RIGHT?

If We the People have the RIGHT to 'free speech' how does sticking our hands in our pockets reduce such RIGHT?

And IF each State has agreed to accept 'The Constitution' of the us.fed.gov, then just how does local modifications of RIGHTS pass the legal test? By being 'individual State Citizen' my RIGHTS are somehow lesser than as 'US Citizen'??? Please explain.

Unless and until the SCOTUS is prepared to strike down every gun law in every state (and I don't see that happening anytime soon), I don't see how Congress can require a sovereign state to accept another state's CCP.

"Training" that's funny.

I'd rather see the SHARE act moving forward. I'm afraid that reciprocity will involve some sort of standards that equate to documentation of qualification. I don't want to be wrapped up in some stupid live fire test like in Texas, or stipulation that you can't carry in a place that serves alcohol. These things always seem to default to the most restrictive in an attempt to tiptoe around states rights. If that's the direction it takes, you're only inviting the man deeper into your life.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't read the article before commenting. Approaching it like a civil rights issue shows promise.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top