JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In my continuing saga of dealing with "nasty lil' buggers" I now have this:

A typical, non-descript 9mm 124 grain LRN load looks like this when it comes off my press ...

20211225_091919.jpg

But then there is one that looks like this ...

20211226_132004.jpg

My first inclination is that the bullet was not seated deeply enough, but oh no, the seating depth is just fine ...

20211226_132019.jpg

So, what's up with that?

LOL, I usually can tell a .380 case was in my feed bin when I pick it up to place on the shell plate. If they do get onto the shell plate, they rarely stay seated during the priming stroke. I've never had one go through the powder die and then seat a bullet without crunching the case, except for this time.

Nasty lil' buggers those .380 be!

I wonder if I could get it to chamber and fire in a .380 pistol? Anybody want to loan me their pistol so I can try it out? o_O
Edited to add: This idea of shooting this round is a JOKE! I have no intention of actually shooting this cartridge. It will be pulled down for components.

Last Edited:
I don't have a .380 die or pistol. I'll just pull the bullet and salvage the components. I was kidding about shooting it, but it really wouldn't be a problem if it would chamber, the load is within .380 pressure levels.

A typical, non-descript 9mm 124 grain LRN load looks like this when it comes off my press ...

View attachment 1095659

View attachment 1095658

My first inclination is that the bullet was not seated deeply enough, but oh no, the seating depth is just fine ...

View attachment 1095656

So, what's up with that?

LOL, I usually can tell a .380 case was in my feed bin when I pick it up to place on the shell plate. If they do get onto the shell plate, they rarely stay seated during the priming stroke. I've never had one go through the powder die and then seat a bullet without crunching the case, except for this time.

I wonder if I could get it to chamber and fire in a .380 pistol? Anybody want to loan me their pistol so I can try it out? o_O
You can shoot .380 in the 9mm, seen it before, it just won't cycle the action.

View attachment 1095659

View attachment 1095658

View attachment 1095656

So, what's up with that?

I'll let you borrow my Hi-Point…. 😂

I don't have a .380 die or pistol. I'll just pull the bullet and salvage the components. I was kidding about shooting it, but it really wouldn't be a problem if it would chamber, the load is within .380 pressure levels.
I wouldn't try to shoot it. The shorter case might not have moved the powder measure enough to dispense any powder.

I've come across a few .380 cases over the years. Very noticeable during sizing/decapping when you're loading single stage.

I wouldn't try to shoot it. The shorter case might not have moved the powder measure enough to dispense any powder.
I'm not planning on shooting this round, it will be pulled for components. I was joking in my first post and have edited it to make sure everybody knows that it was a joke and not a good idea.

Thanks for making this clear.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads