JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are all fortunate enough to call little defence guns like the naa. 22 "garbage" ive had a couple. Ive carried them for a brief amount of time then quickly returned to carrying a real, or more real gun. We are fortunate enough to be knowledgeable and wealthy enough to be choosey.
There's nothing wrong with that.
On the other hand... stand down range of a skilled or unskilled person firing one of these .22's and tell me your oppinion doesn't change.

I'm someone who has a 6-gun carry passel, from full-size Glock 22 with TLR-1 down to pocket-minimized Kahr P380. Every single gun in that range has a particular use case and certain type of range of outfits I can wear and still conceal it. I've never bought an NAA 22 revolver, but I've considered it. If I was in a shorts/T-shirt land or if I worked in a super-duper no-gun-zone place (and wanted to carry), this little thing is better than a folding knife!!

I think it's place is a a super-cool range toy, and if I were a bit better off I would totally buy one for that. Not that I would never carry it- but it would not be a primary.

I have been tempted on this one, not for carry, but because it is a top-break, to which I've always had a strange fascination. But, since I've bought two wheelguns this month, one of which an Enfield No. 2, it is going to have to wait, if ever. As for carry, eh, at contact distance, and a last ditch affair, I suppose it could be pressed into service. I, personally, would, and have, gone with other options. One could do worse though.

Back in the day, I had one of those little stainless steel .22 WMR NAA wheelguns. It was mainly for the dispatching of slithering critters and pests in the same weight class. It was quite well made and totally reliable. Accuracy was fine at very close range, but much beyond that gets more challenging.

To each their own. :)

I have the Freedom Arms mini, just a toy, impossible to hit anything with it.

I bought a NAA Mini Master combo (both calibers), which I like quite a lot and it is still very small. It has the larger rubber grip which really helps. However I have to say I was VERY disappointed by the trigger, very heavy and creepy. I could send it back to NAA to have the factory clean it up, but why put up with that? It went into the gun safe.

People buy these guns because they are cool or cute. But for defense? No. I have a Ruger LC9s instead. Still easy to carry and makes way more sense, even if it has nowhere near the character of the Mini Master. Sometimes you just have to deal with reality, unfortunately.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews