JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The smartest thing any gun loving person can do is move out of their to a gun friendly state until Pelosi & Di-Fi are finally exposed for the frauds they are.

People can't always with "vote with their feet" and many won't because they love their state enough that they are willing to stand and fight to put things right, no matter how bad it gets. If we keep giving up ground and let these liberals force feed their agenda on state after state, eventually we will have no place to run. They would then be able to put more of those sociopaths (fienstien, boxer, schumer, reid, etc) at the national level and ultimatly, we would be done for. Leaving isn't always the best course of action.

We all need to ask ourselves, do we really want to give up the PNW and let these maniacs win, or do we stand and fight, because the same evil is headed our way. Honestly, we need those that dig in and fight, because even in the land of monsters, the smallest night light can help keep the boogie man at bay.

I believe that instead of the disparaging remarks and discouraging them, we should unite with them; we're all fighting for the same thing. In doing so, we could (and should) learn from their victories and defeats, because they've been fighting this fight for a long time and we're just starting.

Ray

I believe that instead of the disparaging remarks and discouraging them, we should unite with them; we're all fighting for the same thing. In doing so, we could (and should) learn from their victories and defeats, because they've been fighting this fight for a long time and we're just starting.

Hypothetically speaking, if you could outspend Bloomberg, do you think that you could ever get a magazine, or that stupid magazine release on ar15's changed in California? Colorado recalled a few anti-gun idiots after Newtown, and they still haven't repealed the newly instituted anti-gun laws.

Hypothetically speaking, if you could outspend Bloomberg, do you think that you could ever get a magazine, or that stupid magazine release on ar15's changed in California? Colorado recalled a few anti-gun idiots after Newtown, and they still haven't repealed the newly instituted anti-gun laws.

Yes, I think so, eventually, it's just going to take a while, a lot of work, the right judges and maybe a few defeats along the way. Look at what's going on with the CA 10 day waiting period. <broken link removed>

Ray

solv3nt, your reasoning is seriously flawed and insulting. By your own reasoning, you are the turd because you live in Portland, and Portland is mostly raving liberal. I'm assuming that you support 2A rights, same as the California Sheriff. Again, using your logic, you are the turd because you live in Portland. And again, since you haven't moved out of Portland, and by your own reasoning, you are the turd.

You seem to be totally discounting those that are fighting to maintain their rights because of the political views of others in their areas. Seems to be very dangerous thinking when you damn everyone in an area, just because of the actions of some. Nuke em' all and let God sort em' out has never been a good policy!

solv3nt, your reasoning is seriously flawed and insulting. By your own reasoning, you are the turd because you live in Portland, and Portland is mostly raving liberal. I'm assuming that you support 2A rights, same as the California Sheriff. Again, using your logic, you are the turd because you live in Portland. And again, since you haven't moved out of Portland, and by your own reasoning, you are the turd.

You seem to be totally discounting those that are fighting to maintain their rights because of the political views of others in their areas. Seems to be very dangerous thinking when you damn everyone in an area, just because of the actions of some. Nuke em' all and let God sort em' out has never been a good policy!

You are correct, I am a polished turd in the excrement pile known as Portland. I am not discounting those that are fighting for their rights. However, I am saying that there is no reason to celebrate having the most gun friendly sheriff in California. Let's say that the vast majority of sheriff's in Kommifronia are like minded gun haters of the state of Kommifornia. In order to be the most friendly, you are saying that you are better than the rest, and when the rest are all gun haters, it's not saying much.

Another example, being the most gun friendly sheriff in Kommifornia is like winning the least corrupt politician award in Chicago. You may be squeeky clean, but when the majority of the others are all corrupt stinking piles of excrement, it's not saying much.

Again, I say that there is ZERO reason to celebrate, as the runners up are nowhere near you. It's like the hair saying that he's the fastest in the race. Well, ya, you were racing a turtle, that's not saying much.

I am damning the area by the actions of the majority, not the few, not the minority, but the overwhelming majority. In order for Kommifornia to become gun friendly, the entire southern half of the state would have to fall off into the ocean. No matter how much money you spend down there, you will never win the hearts and minds. You have a better chance of convincing Eric Holder or Al Sharpton to not be racist bigots than you do of gaining ANY gun rights in Kommifornia.

Once the government takes something from you, you are never getting it back. It's a fact of life. For example, once they pass new taxes on you, you will never get them repealed, they will just come back to you for more money after they blew the money that they've already taken from you. This is true of both Republican's and Democrats.

Your gun rights are slowly being eroded, there will never be a final showdown of the gun grabbers and the gun rights activists. Over the next, let's say 100 years, your rights will slowly be taken away, and one day when your children, or grandchildren, wake up, they'll remember the good 'ol days when they could own a firearm.

I'm by no means saying give up, I sure hope I'm wrong, but if you look back over the last 100 years, you'll see a very disturbing trend.

I write my legislators on a regular basis, mostly telling them how poor of a job that they are doing, but I live in Portland, and my voice is a minority in the liberal city. I would be delusional to even hint that my views have an impact on policy in Portland. Let's tie this back to the most gun friendly sheriff in Kommifornia; I voted for Charlie Hales, as I viewed him as the least ignorant candidate that was running. That said, by no means am I celebrating that I have the least ignorant mayor governing my city. I can write him every day telling him how poor of a job that he's doing, but do you honestly think that any of my letters would have an impact on his policies?

The best solution would be to encourage as many conservatives as possible to move here and push the left out to sea, literally. Yeah I know..........................................:mad::rolleyes:

A Sheriff giving out CHL's in California and being pro 2A is nothing to celebrate? What exactly are you waiting for? That is exactly what EVERYONE should be celebrating and supporting!!! And blaming Portland on being a poser-liberal dump on California...blahaha! Let me guess, everything Obama does wrong is George Bush's fault. Some people just cry about everything. o_O

A Sheriff giving out CHL's in California and being pro 2A is nothing to celebrate? What exactly are you waiting for? That is exactly what EVERYONE should be celebrating and supporting!!! And blaming Portland on being a poser-liberal dump on California...blahaha! Let me guess, everything Obama does wrong is George Bush's fault. Some people just cry about everything. o_O

I'm not sure where you're seeing me blaming Portland for anything, or whining.... I merely pointed out that as gun owners in Portland, our views are rather muted.

It's just like I said............

it's just going to take a while, a lot of work, the right judges and maybe a few defeats along the way.

I've been watching CA gun rights/politics for about 5 years now, and that's just the way it goes most of the time, it's a slow and sometimes painful process. In CA, our side is playing chess, not checkers.

Remember that both Heller and McDonald also had their share of losses. We just need to be patient, keep fighting, help in everyway we can and keep the faith.

Ray

Why don't you guys busy bashing the OP give it a rest already.

A sherrif has no ability to make laws or bring charges. At best he can make his department's enforcement of those laws as friendly to 2A as possible and use available law to circumvent the legislature's intent as much as legally possible.

We get it, you hate California's gun laws. So does everyone else here.

I don't know anything about the particular Sheriff, but as a general statement, a CLEO for a county thumbing his nose at gun-grabbing legislative intent and making a point to give out CCW permits as widely as possible and generally going out of his way to be friendly to 2A is a GOOD thing.

A sherrif has no ability to make laws or bring charges. At best he can make his department's enforcement of those laws as friendly to 2A as possible and use available law to circumvent the legislature's intent as much as legally possible.

I don't know anything about the particular Sheriff, but as a general statement, a CLEO for a county thumbing his nose at gun-grabbing legislative intent and making a point to give out CCW permits as widely as possible and generally going out of his way to be friendly to 2A is a GOOD thing.
Apparently you didn't read my posts, my point is that there's no reason to celebrate one guy doing his job. He might be the only sheriff in kommifornia doing his job, but it is still the job he signed up for. I see no reason sing from the heavens.

Apparently you didn't read my posts, my point is that there's no reason to celebrate one guy doing his job. He might be the only sheriff in kommifornia doing his job, but it is still the job he signed up for. I see no reason sing from the heavens.
Apparently you haven't been reading ours.

Well said.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads