JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I really, really like this gun. Picked it up yesterday, and put the Eotech on it last night. Will hopefully put a few hundred rounds down range later this week. I'll try and post some decent photos then too.

AUG.jpg

Is this one of the new USA Augs? Looks sweet. Eotech is a good choice. Even a Leupold 1-4 scope would be cool too. Give you a little zoom, if you need to get out over 100yds.

It is one of the new USA AUGs. I was very impressed with the quality and heft of the gun. It feels good (yes, I'm one of those touchy-feely kind of guys). The magazines that came with it are defective (bad batch of US made mags), so Steyr is sending me a couple Austrian made ones. If anyone has any spares, I'd be interested in purchasing one or two, so I could continue to shoot while I wait for shipping (I'm also impatient :) ).

I like the Eotech, but the mounting screw ripped my hand up pretty good when charging the rifle, so I'm going to put a Millet DMS on it this weekend. The other option I'm considering is an Aimpoint H-1 on a high Larue mount. I need something that has minimal overhang on the port (as opposed to starboard) side of the rifle. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Move the EOTech about 3" forward so you don't get close to it when locking the charging handle up.

Or you may want to slightly bevel the sharp forward edge of the EOTech's protective shroud.

That said, I also like the DMS-1 for a little extra mag, or a Meopta K-Dot.

Move the EOTech about 3" forward so you don't get close to it when locking the charging handle up.

Or you may want to slightly bevel the sharp forward edge of the EOTech's protective shroud.

That said, I also like the DMS-1 for a little extra mag, or a Meopta K-Dot.

That's actually where I had it originally. I moved it back so that it wouldn't interfere w/ the charging handle at all. The problem is my hand. The picatinny rail is so close to the charging mechanism, that the Eotech actually hangs over the rail right in the path of where your hand naturally is when drawing back the handle. Placed where it is now, it's at the very end of the draw, but if you aren't careful the heel of your hand will slam into the large screw when you charge the rifle. Not too bad, I only did it a couple times- But that was enough for me to think I need something with a little more clearance- Or a way to move the screw to the starboard side of the rifle. I might take a look at the Eotech and see if there is a way to do that.

I have one and love it, the design is one you love or hate. The picatinny rail offers versatility.
I didn't care for the 1.5x stock scope and mounted a compact 2-7x burris. Now I can see what I'm shooting!
Added a kit to lighten the trigger pull: now a great shooter.

Great looking Aug!

What is the stock trigger pull like anyway?

I had heard they were awful, so I picked up a trigger tamer ahead of time. I should have fired it first. The trigger is probably 9lbs or so, but it's crisp, very little slop at all. I actually like it- and might not even use the trigger tamer. I have a Sig 556 with a fabulous trigger, but overall I prefer shooting the AUG.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews