JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't F!@#$ with bears

Indeed. We have black bear on our property. They generally nose around at night, though they are spotted during the day too.

I remember one time a few years back I was at the southwestern end planning the next day's logging expedition and: a cub comes barreling down the hill and darn near runs into me. The cute little guy takes off back up the hill and then I see the brush up above shaking and hear the sounds of a much larger bear. I opted to hightail it down the hill and finished the work the following morning. Cub plus Momma Bear equals I'd rather not loiter in the area. ;)

I'm not talking down to anybody here but the cartoons that kids watch and the PC WORLD and TV shows that people watch don't explain that these are wild animals and they don't care about drive ways fence or anything like that if they smell food on your front porch guess what there coming on your porch and if they got cubs they are more dangerous

I'm not just talking $#!+here my uncle was a hunting outfitter in Montana and Nevada and Wyoming a bear with cubs is no JOKE they can be very unpredictable and they are not scared off very easy if you get between mama and her cub you are in trouble
I used to raise and hunt bear and lion dogs, and was a trapper for many years. Still have the best one of those dogs. He watches over the kids. We're both retired now, but I still know what I'm doing, thanks. :)
Boomer3.jpg

No bears on my street, but the wife said a few days ago that she was unsubscribing to the neighborhood alerts. Evidently the report of a lost duck at the end of the street finally put her over the edge.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews