JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was posted in our neighborhood Facebook group this morning. Fox Hollow and Willamette is about 1 mile from our house as the crow flies...or the bear walks.

"Saw the mother bear & 3 cubs on my way to town yesterday--and no camera, darn! They were crossing Fox Hollow a little ways past Willamette Street." Fortunately, Aeryn (my older daughter) is pretty safe in our driveway.
19030357_10212704452626950_2866389894143762731_n.jpg

We also get cougar sightings about weekly within a mile or so of our place. I keep a loaded weapon handy at all times and the kids don't go out alone.

I was going to say that video is a huge bear lol not your neighborhood .this is what I know about bears we had them all the time in my uncles house in cook city Montana most of the time they just came to dig in trash and where not aggressive but if they have cubs they can be VERY DANGEROUS mama bears are very unpredictable loud noises and dogs can keep them away but there are some bears that can be old and crazy or can not fend for themselves in the wild any more they are very dangerous they will do what they need to survive like attack people and dog 's or try to get in your house because they smell food

I was going to say that video is a huge bear lol not your neighborhood .this is what I know about bears we had them all the time in my uncles house in cook city Montana most of the time they just came to dig in trash and where not aggressive but if they have cubs they can be VERY DANGEROUS mama bears are very unpredictable loud noises and dogs can keep them away but there are some bears that can be old and crazy or can not fend for themselves in the wild any more they are very dangerous they will do what they need to survive like attack people and dog 's or try to get in your house because they smell food
We still have one of our bluetick hounds, and Boomer is a pretty famous bear dog in southern Oregon. He knows what to do with bears. :)

BTW this applies to all wild animals they are all dangerous a deer a elk and a raccoon even a squirrel lol The most important thing to remember is THEY ARE WILD ANIMALS

Um...A driveway isn't some magic barrier to a pissed off mama bear with three cubs. If there is a mama bear with cubs around, I want a rifle around...preferably a big one. And I'd be keeping a very close eye on my kids when they were out.

Um...A driveway isn't some magic barrier to a pissed off mama bear with three cubs. If there is a mama bear with cubs around, I want a rifle around...preferably a big one. And I'd be keeping a very close eye on my kids when they were out.
Fact is unless you're ready to fire a high powered rifle in the same direction where your kid is better to know what's around and even if you hit the bear with one shot chances are it will still live long enough to Kill your kid because after you shoot it it's really going to be pissed off

I see a little girl standing in a drive way 25 yard 's away from the camera oh yeah woods drive way and he's talking about a bear with three cubs my advice is right don't let your kids play in your yard with out knowing what's around I would give the same advice to someone who lives close to downtown Portland or Seattle don't let your kids play in the yard without supervision BUT THE FACT THAT HE SAID MAMA BEAR WITH THREE CUBS I wouldn't go walking that drive way without a very large gun

How many feet can a man cover in a few seconds remember the 21 foot rule how many feet do you think a pissed off mama bear can cover in a few seconds KEEP IN MIND A BEAR CAN RUN 35 MILES PER HOUR FOR A SHORT DISTANCE

I'm not just talking $#!+here my uncle was a hunting outfitter in Montana and Nevada and Wyoming a bear with cubs is no JOKE they can be very unpredictable and they are not scared off very easy if you get between mama and her cub you are in trouble

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads