JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lazar's Bazaar, Terrible Bob's, and Aladdin's Castle were the only reasons to walk around downtown Eugene back in the day. I doubt any of those places are still there.

I"ve been fiding plenty of guns right here on thsi site,and the other goodies I need I find on the 'net with a little bit of looking. I have to REALLY want something to do to hit the pdx show.too much money !

Got an early start and went to the Expo Gun Show Today with friends, bought some $4 a gallon Obama fuel and we were on our way. First surprise...got a discount on parking for "carpooling" ($7.00, which we split between us), then paid the "outrageous" "$9.00" entry fee......ate "$3.00" hot dogs and instead of starting out with my usual negative attitude.....decided to walk around the booths and enjoy one of my last remaining "2nd Amendment Rights".....I had a blast!!!, Actually found some hard to get parts, Got a great deal on the new M1 Carbine "Bible" (After all It was the Sabbath), and just enjoyed talking with and being with other people that love guns and freedom as much as I do! (Including the PDX Police!), Are there any "deals"?, maybe not like the "old days" but some still do exist if you are willing to look and talk to other "Gun Lovers"....... I even saw and talked to some old friends and decided to stop procrastinating (I live in Clark Co.) and join "OFF" an excellent organization that keeps us all "free" and crosses state lines to put on classes and help us get our Oregon Carry Permits, Sal is a VERY cool guy and it was good to see him again! Back across the bridge to "Gods Country"......Tannerite and some great backyard fun..........it don't get any better than this!!!!!

Lazar's Bazaar, Terrible Bob's, and Aladdin's Castle were the only reasons to walk around downtown Eugene back in the day. I doubt any of those places are still there.

Lazars is still open and kicking!!! Downtown Eugene now you have the barmuda and that's about it.

On shows- if you don't like it don't go. The Eugene show you pay to wander half a show, other half lots of times junk. You pay the price for the same reason you always have, and it's not the 90% that's there. It hoping to find something in that 10% that you need!

I would consider myself a "Hobbyist" and not a panic buyer - What I seemed to be seeing at the show this weekend was panic buying, but in the long term I think it's the life long hobbyists that will keep the industry going and not the panic buyers who only show up in an election year.

I may still go to the smaller shows, but I think I've had enough with the Expo show.

I would consider myself a "Hobbyist" and not a panic buyer - What I seemed to be seeing at the show this weekend was panic buying, but in the long term I think it's the life long hobbyists that will keep the industry going and not the panic buyers who only show up in an election year.

I may still go to the smaller shows, but I think I've had enough with the Expo show.

Been waiting 6 months for a stainless 24" Bushmaster barrel due to the panic buyers. The suppliers can't make parts fast enough, and what they do make goes to new production.

Show Promotors, be it Collectors West, or Rose City are merely providing a venue for the public. Knowledgeable buyers, and those who are hobbiest will always find better places to acquire our trinkets and toys.. NWFA's is such a place. Promotors do not govern the pricing of any exhibitor and need to fill there tables for them to make money producing the show. Admissions are a part of the formula also. If we do not go, and others soon see to not go, then there will be less and less in shows available. Albany, Salem, Rickreall, Canby, the regional shows have always had more of the local flavor and color that makes show hoping fun. Enjoy what you can, let others live, and support your local gun dealer too.

Show Promotors, be it Collectors West, or Rose City are merely providing a venue for the public. Knowledgeable buyers, and those who are hobbiest will always find better places to acquire our trinkets and toys.. NWFA's is such a place. Promotors do not govern the pricing of any exhibitor and need to fill there tables for them to make money producing the show. Admissions are a part of the formula also. If we do not go, and others soon see to not go, then there will be less and less in shows available. Albany, Salem, Rickreall, Canby, the regional shows have always had more of the local flavor and color that makes show hoping fun. Enjoy what you can, let others live, and support your local gun dealer too.

You can continue to go and "support the local guys".

I agree with the majority. I think this was my last gun show at the EXPO too. I used to try and give them the benefit of the doubt but it seems to be the same people trying to sell their products WAY overpriced.

Is is hard to promote the local guys when they TELL you to go buy elsewhere - and even hint it. A few items that I found something that was overpriced, and was willing to pay less for, the vendors wouldn't even discuss it. After a couple of tables I gave up, walked around so I felt like I was getting my money's worth (parking and entry fees). I walked past a table and heard a vendor tell a guy "Then you screwed up by not buying it. If you want that (pointing to his product) then you'll pay my price. If not, go buy it from someone else."

I was wondering what he was talking about and peeked. I don't know everything about everything, but I know that it was way overpriced because I saw it significantly less elsewhere.

Gun shows used to be gun shows. Now they've turned into people trying to sell bathtub liners...:huh:

I'll probably not ever go back to the EXPO. I'll drive a ways and try the diffenet ones.

Good luck "local guys"!

I have stopped going regularly for the same reason. I still try to go to be supportive but then I think to myself what good does it do to support the sponsor if I am not buying anything from the vendors. I assume they are having hardships and keep raising the cost to vendors like most the other floundering shows in the nation. With no noticeable savings I do not see a bright future for gunshows. Especially not since all accessories can be had so easily online.

Doubt I will go to any more Expo guns shows, but I still like to attend the smaller shows like Albany and Rickreall. I rarely buy anything, but I do enjoy the people watching. Those shows attact an interesting crowd.

This time, I picked up;
Lyman 45/70 535gr mold w/handles
Reloaders handbooks
250-3000 brass
and a very nice Savage Model 19 NRA
all for less than I could find on line.

I do admit there are shows when I walk out 18$ in the hole, but I figure the entertainment is worth that.

I go every few months or so. Probable not again until fall or if it is raining on that weekend. It is kind of a fun way to waste a saturday if I dont have any plans.
I didnt go this weekend because the sportsmans warehouse had pmags for 9.99 so I saved the money to get in the show and picked up 25 mags.
I still think there will be plenty of people going each month.
With the cost of a booth and parking for vendors I dont see how they make any money but they must. I would like to hear from some vendors on what they think.

I go every few months or so. Probable not again until fall or if it is raining on that weekend. It is kind of a fun way to waste a saturday if I dont have any plans.
I didnt go this weekend because the sportsmans warehouse had pmags for 9.99 so I saved the money to get in the show and picked up 25 mags.
I still think there will be plenty of people going each month.
With the cost of a booth and parking for vendors I dont see how they make any money but they must. I would like to hear from some vendors on what they think.

Yes, I agree. It would be great to get the "Vendor" view of this topic. Any out there that would like to chime in?

For me there aren't good gun shops in the area. I'm stuck with either buying online or making a trip to portland anyway. I was able to get the stuff I want cheaper than online and actually see it and handle it before hand. I still came out ahead even after paying to get in and got to see some cool stuff for a few hours. Not too bad from my perspective

I like supporting Nubus, Coctailer, JCweaponry, JohnH, and others that have helped me on this forum. JC made me a great deal on something I've been searching for everywhere.

Funny, they never seem to save ME any money, my wallet is always empty after talking to them! :s0114:

Gun shows are still great for the tinfoil hatters that are afraid that The Man is going to come knock on their door and take away their guns. For the rest of us, it's no different than walking the midway at a carnival. So to the OP, I agree - waste of time.

Funnier yet - just because you aren't buying from a dealer and filling out a 4473 doesn't mean much when you still have to call OSP for the background check... So they STILL have all the info on who you are and what you bought! So unless you plan on buying stolen guns from drug dealers on a street corner in an unnamed but obvious part of town, you're not hiding anything from anyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top