JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm wondering if anyone feels the way I do:

After spending $8.00 to park and $9.00 for admission, I wandered around the gun show at expo today. What I found was that almost everything was priced more than at the Gun/Sporting goods stores in the Portland area!

I remember not that long ago that I could save enough on my purchases at the show to pay for parking and admission. Now that is clearly not the case!

There's just no point in paying extra, just to pay extra!

If the folks at Collectors West (The folks who put on the show) don't change the way things are going, the expo show's days may be numbered.

I never thought I'd say this, but............

I think I just went to my last expo gun show!

Anyone feel the same way?

Dude, I said the exact same thing about a year ago when it was still the Rose City Gun Show. What the hell is the point of going to a show? Like you said, you pay for admission, pay for parking, AND overpay for items that you can get cheaper in a store!

Couple all that with enormous amount of pure CRAP being sold, and I will never again go to the Expo Center if I can at all help it.

I stopped going to gun shows for anything but ammo about 6 or 7 years ago, and stopped going for ammo about 3 years ago.

Total, utter, complete waste of time, unless you're in to crap and want to pay a premium for it.

Quit going 2+ years ago....Way over priced. I would rather drive to the Rickreall show and at least save the outrageous parking and entry prices. Besides prices at the shows down south are far better than anything the Portland shows have to offer....

I quit going to most shows 3 or 4 yrs ago, too. May nose around the Vancouver one or little local ones but the big ones are mostly a waste of time with a lot of prices higher than I can get one for new. The costs, as mentioned, really make it prohibitive. If I do go to one, I look at it more as entertainment that shopping. Have bought almost all my purchases online on different forums. Much better prices, except for the two NW ones. Once in awhile a bargain but mostly too high here, too.

Gun shows are still great for the tinfoil hatters that are afraid that The Man is going to come knock on their door and take away their guns. For the rest of us, it's no different than walking the midway at a carnival. So to the OP, I agree - waste of time.

I stopped 'frequenting' gun shows long ago. The WAC shows became good for parts or rare guns.
And I don't need many parts or buy rare guns.
Then after moving 100 miles from the venues,I really need to have something no one can find.
Sometimes some magazines,stripper clips,sites,a used scope,but never for regular guns.
Maybe some 'walk around' may have a deal.
The guns have been overpriced up here for decades

I never pay for parking and I make sure to bring my bi-mart card so that makes it a little more palatable cost wise. I still enjoy looking at all the "junk" so I plan to continue going to the gun shows for the forseable future, I guess i'm in the minority.

I like supporting Nubus, Coctailer, JCweaponry, JohnH, and others that have helped me on this forum. JC made me a great deal on something I've been searching for everywhere.

BiMart eases the pain by $2 but that still makes it $9 more than the Hillsboro, Canby, or other local shows. I was really happy to see the size of the latest hillsboro show but there are no more this year.

Think I'm going to coordinate with friends to Carpool and share the parking cost (And fuel to get there too).

I go to the the Expo shows once and awhile.. I dont look for good deals. I grew up going to the shows with my dad, and it takes me back to do it. I just like looking. I remember getting up early to head to the old Tigard armory show and the Cornfoot road one. Good deals at shows are long gone....bout the only thing I buy these days is coffee and a book or two.

The show that is down at the Clack county fairgrounds is free parking...

Last time I was at a show at the Expo one of the vendors told me it was legal for him to sell me a pistol and I could walk out with it even though I told him I was a WA resident. No way was I going to get trapped into that!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top