JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss the days when there was a balance between the small, 'garage sale' type sellers and actual dealers. Unfortunately I cannot speak from any real experience as I have not been to any 'major' gun shows in the last few years, just some small local ones but the shows in Redmond, OR used to be pretty good until the big dealers and tactical-stuff sellers began to dominate. I could be wrong but I suspect prepper/bug-out dealers are going to be the next wave of sellers at the bigger shows, if they are not already.

Can you say M-O-R-O-N?

Seriously? Name calling? Wow...you've shown your true colors here for certain. The GOP took us into several wars where we didn't belong. The families of more than 4000 dead American soldiers - go tell them you support the GOP. The current administration is bringing our troops home. Unemployment is on the downswing. If you don't have a job right now - it isn't Obama's fault. Get off your entitled *** and find a job. The GOP allowed Wall Street to rape the American public.

Thanks for a great chuckle.

Dude, pull your head out of your All2kool.

Nice response - take a while to think that one up? If you have something that makes sense say it - otherwise your response has no meaning except to protray your ignorance. You dont have to agree but add somehting useful. I dont agree 100% but there is some truth to All2kools perspective. It is well known that the Bush family made thier money out of the oil business and that during GW's reign he heavily supported the oil industry more so than Obama has..

James Ruby

I'm done with the gun shows also.

I can walked into several of our local shops and get what I want cheaper than the show, plus not having to pay parking and admission fees.

Heck, I can order what I want and even after paying shipping still come out ahead of what I would had paid at the gun show.

the war the bush's fabricated was not a war on terror but a occupation so they could secure a oil pipeline, sucks so many people have to die so fat cats can get fatter, and no im not a liberal.

Is an Oil Pipeline Behind the War in Afghanistan?

No disrespect intended...but......

Bill Sardi is a health journalist that runs a wibsite called Natural Health Librarian. But he is not an MD. I see no reason to give this man's OPINION any crediblity on the subject of energy or geopolitics. And if we are now helping to develop Afghanistan's resources now, or the countries where this pipeline originates, will this not also help these countries? And if it is not the US helping to develop Afghanistan, is it better to let the Russions, Iranians or Chinese do it. Or should we just let it stay the primitive tribal area it has always been? These wars are not about oil. They are about containing Iran and radical Islamic jihadists; and about freeing these peoples from the stone age. 85% of US oil comes from Canada and Mexico, anyway.

Have you served in the military or been to the Middle East?

No disrespect intended...but......

Bill Sardi is a health journalist that runs a wibsite called Natural Health Librarian. But he is not an MD. I see no reason to give this man's OPINION any crediblity on the subject of energy or geopolitics. And if we are now helping to develop Afghanistan's resources now, or the countries where this pipeline originates, will this not also help these countries? And if it is not the US helping to develop Afghanistan, is it better to let the Russions, Iranians or Chinese do it. Or should we just let it stay the primitive tribal area it has always been? These wars are not about oil. They are about containing Iran and radical Islamic jihadists; and about freeing these peoples from the stone age. 85% of US oil comes from Canada and Mexico, anyway.

Have you served in the military or been to the Middle East?

Please then telll us why we went to war in Iraq - to me it is about oil and creating a solid postion in the middle east so that we could try to control that part of the world for our own benefit. Yes I have been in the US Navy, active duty for 13 years. The US was never attacked by Iraq, yet we attacked them.

James Ruby

Well since most of the posts have run off topic of gunshows gone political I will just say that after three years of Democratic Party rule I love George Bush and would vote for him five times in one election if I could. In industrial construction I made the most money under Bush I ever made in my life.

Well since most of the posts have run off topic of gunshows gone political I will just say that after three years of Democratic Party rule I love George Bush and would vote for him five times in one election if I could. In industrial construction I made the most money under Bush I ever made in my life.

You would still have some catching up to do - my freinds and I despise him that much. Since it will never happen again it is really a mute point.

James Ruby

So far in my limited experience, I'll still be going every couple of months or so. Seems like every time I find something I need, and it's really a pretty cheap time if you consider what else you can do for three hours for the same money. Wifey and I just get an urge to go, I guess being in the large area with a few hundred gun entheusiests just has it's draw?

For instance, I reload so I can get 250 bullets of a different style for a resonable price, try that at any local stores? I'd been looking on the board for .45 shells to reload, JohnH just happened to have a K, all professionaly cleaned and shiny like new for .5 each. Last year I'd got a bug to look at a S&W model 66 4". I found TWO at the show, but they were 2". The last table, sure enough there it was, a fine specimin from a Bend dealer!

You got a friends birthday comming up? You got the TEE shirt guy, you can't get those localy in any store I know of. Cheap nylon holsters for carrying in the woods or such. The gal that sells the zip pouches for guns, better price AND made in USA. Wifey got one of her CC purses and it's been a daily use purse and is holding up well after nine months.

Oh yeah, doubt youse mugs will read but, GET YOUR POLITICS OFF THIS THREAD........................
Take it to legal and political and stop crapping in this one!:s0154:

Mike

I have found some good deals but it takes a good deal to out weight the cost of admittance and parking if you use the parking area.
In the last few gunshows I have purchased
650 38 special 1X fired brass for 20$
Three kershaw knifes for 10.00$ each - figured out in twon they would be 20-25$ a piece.
and Wilson Mags at 32$ a price versus at Keiths being 37$

So I feel that there are good deals at least to me but that doesnt out weigh the other costs most times.

By the way use your Bi-mart card and admittance is only 7$ not 9$.

James Ruby

Please then telll us why we went to war in Iraq - to me it is about oil and creating a solid postion in the middle east so that we could try to control that part of the world for our own benefit. Yes I have been in the US Navy, active duty for 13 years. The US was never attacked by Iraq, yet we attacked them.

James Ruby

First, Thank you for your service. 24 years of Air Force and Air National Guard so far and I am a Department of the Army civilian. I have been to the Middle East twice, though not in the hot combat zones.

First...look at a map. Look at where Iran is. Then look at where Iraq and Afghanistan are. They flank Iran. Iran has been the sworn enemy of the US and have consistently stated their goal of destroying Isreal since the overthrow of the Shah in 1979.

Now. Lets look at Saddam. Within two years of rising to power, he waged war Iran. Millions died. Well, we didn't like Iran, so we let it pass. But then came attacks on the Kurds in the North, gassing the unruly Marsh Arabs to the South and then the invasion and occupation of Kuwait and threats against Saudi Arabian oil fileds, while building a chemical weapons stockpile and attemptng to develop nuclear weapons. So, we kicked Saddam out of Kuwait and said....Accept the terms of this cease fire, and let the nuclear inspectors have unfettered access, or we take Bagdad. He agreed. Then he sponsored an assassination attempt against Preisdent Bush, played games with nuclear inspectors (who had previously discovered weapons of mass destruction and the ongoing attempt to reconstruct his production capabilities), so we had every reason to think he was again producing or trying to produce the weapons that he had PREVIOUSLY PRODUCED, WEAPONIZED, AND USED (we won't even discuss the SCUD missiles launched, in violation of UN resolutions and the cease fire agreement). Then there were several hundred violations of the UN sanctioned no-fly zones, where coalition aircraft were painted and locked onto with anti-aircraft missiles and on a few occassions actually fired upon.

So, do I think he had it coming? You bet. Was it about oil...... Well, Saddam made it about oil by siezing the Kuwaiti oil fields, then blowing them up upon his exit and threatening to harm the Saudi oil fields. So, in a way, yes, we were protecting the flow of oil. But no Iraqi oil made it's way to the US. We didn't take ANY of it!

Am I saying the US always does the right things and never does evil. Absolutely not. A nation operates in its best interests. They all do. But we did not enter that war to steal oil. Protect it, YES.

Now lets take a high level, long them strategic view of the middle east. IF you wanted to plant the seeds of democracy in the middle east, where would you start? Iraq was ruled by a madman dictator who was not popular with the people who tortured, raped and killed his opposition. BUT..... the government was secular, not Islamic, and the people were literate and educated. There was infrastructure and institutions that were stable and working. They had water, food (breadbasket of the Middle East), and yes OIL, which meant a high GDP and relative Per Capita Income. IF, you wanted to plant the seed of democracy for the LONG TERM to stabilize a dangerous region, this would be a good place to start.

When you see the US involving itself in other regions, you need to think LONG TERM. These strategies are in place and Presidents come and go. The National Security machine operates independently of elected officials. Why do you think we stood up AFRICOM? For things that will happen 20 to 50 years from now. Yes, your kids, if in the military will fight in Africa.

Anyway...sorry I hijacked this thread, but open your eyes folks. Think BIGGER. These are but small moves in a very large CHESS GAME that lasts decades, not election cycles.

I have thought about going to the recent gun show may 19-20 at the expo center. Its been quite some time since I have been. Guess now I know what to look forward to if I go.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top