Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My lack of awareness revealed . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Galant, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Galant

Galant portland Active Member

Two days ago at approximately 9 am I hear some loud banging outside. I totally just dismissed it as someone doing some work around their yard or fixing something. It turns out the house behind mine had its door kicked in and the house was robbed. Crazyness . . .

I also thought the timing of the robbery was interesting. Are thieves getting more brazen? or are morning house runs common?

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Considering that, by 9am, most houses have been empty for 1-2 hours already...

3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Most residential burglaries occur during the day. As Redcap pointed out many houses are empty as people are at work.

4. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

That's okay, some idiot rang my doorbell at 2:49 am the other morning. I am pretty sure they were casing the neighborhood to see who would wake up and turn a light on, etc. To see what was good targets.

Needless to say I didn't turn on any lights. I just opened up the back door and went around the front of the house with my gun locked and loaded. They took off running so fast all I could see was that they were wearing hoodies and looked to be in the late teens early 20s. Needless to say, I don't think they will forget my house.

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

When I'm gone they still have to deal with Rottweiler grumpiness

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Come on! Rottweilers are sweethearts! It's Chihuahuas that are grumpy! If I was a kick dog, I'd be mad too!

Bowtie and (deleted member) like this.
  7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

ROtts are sweeties, until they get gumpy, Then Pity the fool.

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

We've had them as buddies since 1985.. we now rescue them and in the near future will expand to pro-level rescue.. yeah, a lot of them are real sweeties, including a girl we just had to put down. She loved everyone. There is a little less light in the world With Berni gone