JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, a short time ago, I posted, for sale, my Ruger 77/22 Magnum Varmint. In the ad, I expressed that I was not pleased with the accuracy, and I was selling it at a bargain-basement price, just cause I was done fiddling with it, and for the price, I figured someone else could fiddle with it. Well, the gun did not sell, so I decided to keep it, and fiddle, some more. So, after taking it apart, and finding nothing obviously wrong, I re-tightened the v-block, and tried a little different torque on the stock screw. Took it to the range today, with again, different brands of ammo. The first rounds I tried, I had NO improvement in accuracy. Then, I had one more box of stuff I've never tried, the CCI V-Max, and immediately the groups shrank to dime-size.:s0155:

It's no secret to anybody that some guns prefer different brands of ammo, or different bullet weights, or even different bullet construction. But I don't think I've ever had a gun that was so extremely picky in what it will shoot.

There's a lesson in this. Patience, Grasshopper!:)

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top