JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The cell phone muscle memory training for video recording is reserved for the current bloom of Baby Doomers... The much older ones resort to some form of physical action...:eek:

I found a lot of the times I was involved in a fight, you could almost tell who the new guys were by how fast they reacted to what was happening, the new guys were slow, taking time to mentally prosess the event, and then reacting, it's those times you are likely to loose people, had it happen a few times. It dosnt take very long for them to figure out what needs to happen thankfully. It's the surrise ones up close you don't see coming that really catch you, and those take constant training to be able to react to. I would bet the Leo's could tell you, near constant training is what keeps you sharp and ready! Sadly, I would say I' no where near as sharp as I once was, but still quick enough to react, hopefully keeping safe!

I'm down in Arozniya right now, and it' a whole different world, people are extremely rude, careless, disrespectful, and just plane ignorant. So far I have seen 3 fights ( almost all hombres) and one really old dude, never even fazed me! No_Regerts speaks the truth, I spent 17 years gettng shot at while working on injured solders, you do be come immune to stressful events. For me, it's really kind of weird, every thing goes into slow motion, and I have lots of time to react, when it' only a few seconds, it' always been like this! Being able to think clearly and make decisions is a serious life saver!

Good on you keeping your cool and not getting involved!:cool:

What can you expect, they're California rejects....

This was NEVER a thought or consideration in my situation - I simply resorted to what I was trained, secured my position and moved to area of cover and concealment.
Well there was me and two girls and another guy in the store but I kinda figured out what was happening pretty quick but it took a second and the two young girls were kinda shocked the other guy got on his phone and called 911 after the one security guy said call 911 it took at least five minutes before a sheriff got there oh I for got this happened at 23:00

I found a lot of the times I was involved in a fight, you could almost tell who the new guys were by how fast they reacted to what was happening, the new guys were slow, taking time to mentally prosess the event, and then reacting, it's those times you are likely to loose people, had it happen a few times. It dosnt take very long for them to figure out what needs to happen thankfully. It's the surrise ones up close you don't see coming that really catch you, and those take constant training to be able to react to. I would bet the Leo's could tell you, near constant training is what keeps you sharp and ready! Sadly, I would say I' no where near as sharp as I once was, but still quick enough to react, hopefully keeping safe!

Repetition makes you faster in mind and reaction. Its surviving the reps that can be the trick.

Repetition makes you faster in mind and reaction. Its surviving the reps that can be the trick.
That's true but unless you're a cop you don't deal with people fighting every day .no disrespect HERE BUT I'M GLAD I'M NOT A POLICE OFFFICE .OR SHERIFF OR ANY TYPE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT .

This. There are different types and levels of reactions. My fire / ems days taught me how to handle and channel the adreh rush and make it work for me. That being said fire and ems are a far site different than LEO situations. After my boys went into the Corps and went to Iraq and Afghanistan, I started training with a private group on tactics reactions, stuff like that.

The boys would work with me on the same stuff on leaves, and the one thing I got from them was to have your plan already prepared mentally and if you have to execute, do it hard and immediately, fast and violently. The private training also stressed that. After being involved in a near shooting 4 years ago in a robbery attempt, I took additional training as while I was satisfied with my reaction and actions, I really felt a different rush than my fire / ems days.

Last night we were picking up some burgers at a local drive in, the wife was out picking them up waiting, and this Hispanic male moved in close on her personal space, (which I knew her reaction was going to be) he panhandled her and she loudly said get the f away from me. That ignited the grand dog German Shepard in the back seat, I rolled the windows up quick, they were about half down, as she would have been out on him, and stepped out and up on the guy. He was a scrawy little azz, I was a good foot and half taller, I got all alpha dog with him and told him the same thing. He moved off a bit, I keep my eyes on him until we were ready to leave.

Other people stood there and let this idiot come up on them. The millennial people working said they had to talk to their manager before they called the police or told him to leave.:eek::eek:

It's rediculous out there with the people that don't have anything to lose and do what they want and us having to deal with them yep I probably could have jumped in and helped out but they had it under control but what if they didn't and I jumped in .mmmmm this guy could sue me and my employer because I was at work at the time .who knows

It's rediculous out there with the people that don't have anything to lose and do what they want and us having to deal with them yep I probably could have jumped in and helped out but they had it under control but what if they didn't and I jumped in .mmmmm this guy could sue me and my employer because I was at work at the time .who knows

Exactly, dammed if ya do & dammed if ya don't mind of deal, right?

Sorry I keep posting on my own thread but I can go to ufc fights and watch guys and girls beat each other but I know what's going to happen when you're at Safeway and it happens different . STORY mmmmm I wasn't scared but it did catch me off guard
Yessir! Seeing a struggle is always exhilarating. Spent 5 years as LEO last century and found myself involved in a few scuffles handcuffing uncooperative players (who were often drunk/impaired and not feeling much of the pain input I was obliged to provide).

Tore a couple uniforms and civvies, and lost more than a few buttons. Anyone who's been in one will agree that 20-30 seconds is a LONG fight. Oxygen!

Now, over 30+ years later, I can't watch UFC/MMA on TV (sitting down or lying in bed) without having to consciously relax my flexed legs and un-clench the butt cheeks. At this age, though, I'd far rather watch a fight than wade in myself.

Last Edited:
Shop lifters are bad but I'm not going to pull my gun on someone just stealing a bottle or whatever..

Honestly not worth the fight... :rolleyes:

Yes as angry as it makes me to see people steal it's not worth shooting at one over it. A lot of people ruin their lives over that. Shooting "at" some fleeing thief and hit the wrong person, or do hit the thief. If thief lives they may well sue and the one who shot him may well face charges. A lot of stores have a hands off policy to this for liability reasons. They have loss prevention that is told not to touch or try to stop, just call LEO's. A lot of the people doing the stealing are dopers who will kill someone who tries to stop them. There used to be a grocery store in the poor part of town here that had some doosies. I heard them calling for help one night over a fight with one. After he was arrested I heard the one Cop running him on records. This clown was on Parole for drugs. He had thousands of dollars in cash and several K worth of Crack on him. For this he was trying to steal a burrito. Guy was like mid 40's. I remember thinking well dumb A$$ you will be social security age next time you get out, maybe should have just paid for that burrito. It did explain why he fought so hard though.

This. There are different types and levels of reactions. My fire / ems days taught me how to handle and channel the adreh rush and make it work for me. That being said fire and ems are a far site different than LEO situations. After my boys went into the Corps and went to Iraq and Afghanistan, I started training with a private group on tactics reactions, stuff like that.

The boys would work with me on the same stuff on leaves, and the one thing I got from them was to have your plan already prepared mentally and if you have to execute, do it hard and immediately, fast and violently. The private training also stressed that. After being involved in a near shooting 4 years ago in a robbery attempt, I took additional training as while I was satisfied with my reaction and actions, I really felt a different rush than my fire / ems days.

Last night we were picking up some burgers at a local drive in, the wife was out picking them up waiting, and this Hispanic male moved in close on her personal space, (which I knew her reaction was going to be) he panhandled her and she loudly said get the f away from me. That ignited the grand dog German Shepard in the back seat, I rolled the windows up quick, they were about half down, as she would have been out on him, and stepped out and up on the guy. He was a scrawy little azz, I was a good foot and half taller, I got all alpha dog with him and told him the same thing. He moved off a bit, I keep my eyes on him until we were ready to leave.

Other people stood there and let this idiot come up on them. The millennial people working said they had to talk to their manager before they called the police or told him to leave.:eek::eek:

That's why so many of them get REAL aggressive. If they are not put in place they just get worse and worse. Liberals love to protect them.

USMC Fighting Rules.jpg

I'm down in Arozniya right now, and it' a whole different world, people are extremely rude, careless, disrespectful, and just plane ignorant. So far I have seen 3 fights ( almost all hombres) and one really old dude, never even fazed me! No_Regerts speaks the truth, I spent 17 years gettng shot at while working on injured solders, you do be come immune to stressful events. For me, it's really kind of weird, every thing goes into slow motion, and I have lots of time to react, when it' only a few seconds, it' always been like this! Being able to think clearly and make decisions is a serious life saver!

Good on you keeping your cool and not getting involved!:cool:

In the CG, seasoned crew members would yell and cuss at new crew members in training in order to get them used to the stress of the mission. And still I have seen trained crews with low experience freeze or do the wrong thing when a person we were rescuing panics and yells for help.

I can't speak for how I would react now, but I do remember that I was pretty calm during missions and other emergencies - it was afterwards that I felt the effects.

Guy was like mid 40's. I remember thinking well dumb A$$ you will be social security age next time you get out, maybe should have just paid for that burrito.
This is not unlike the people who get stopped for speeding only to get busted for the trunkload of drugs they are transporting.
Drugs are the scourge of society - especially the most dangerous such as meth along with who know what else - heck it was suggested the waste case who broke into my house may have been on bath salts!
My experience has only solidified my hate for drugs and those who use them and I'll keep what I REALLY feel about these people and what I hope happens to them to myself and within my 'circles'.......

That's why so many of them get REAL aggressive. If they are not put in place they just get worse and worse. Liberals love to protect them.

Some of the people in the burger joint and some standing there looked at me like I was the problem for getting in the dudes sh*t. They said, he might have special needs or issues. Yeah right, panhandling my wife was just the start of his issues. Had he not moved away when she told him to, and not moved away when I got up on him, he would have had major issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top