JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So it's been a while since I had it beat like this .the other night in Spokane I walked into a Safeway store .at the same time as a shoplifting guy was being tackeled by the sercurity guy . right in front of me .the fight was on two security guys on him no wepons but lots of screaming and yelling and a fight .the young sercurity guy about 23 or something about 5 or 6 foot heavy obviously a wrestling guy because he took the guy down with no PROBLEMS and put him in a hold lol but just the screaming from the guy who got caught stealing gets your blood pressure up been a while sense I heard or seen a real fight .lol I quit going to bars years ago .so been awhile sense I saw a real fight

It just made me think I got all ammp up over a FIGHT that I was not in .I think I should do more training getting lazy but there is no real training that gives you the same affect as the real thing mmmmmm

Sorry I keep posting on my own thread but I can go to ufc fights and watch guys and girls beat each other but I know what's going to happen when you're at Safeway and it happens different . STORY mmmmm I wasn't scared but it did catch me off guard

Lot's of people like to think they will do this or that but when it's in your face every one responds different .

Real fast is the main point here when something happens it's going to be fast if you're not prepared . your first thought is run away but sometimes you might not be able to run you might have to fight .JUST GOT ME THINKING LOL

I'm down in Arozniya right now, and it' a whole different world, people are extremely rude, careless, disrespectful, and just plane ignorant. So far I have seen 3 fights ( almost all hombres) and one really old dude, never even fazed me! No_Regerts speaks the truth, I spent 17 years gettng shot at while working on injured solders, you do be come immune to stressful events. For me, it's really kind of weird, every thing goes into slow motion, and I have lots of time to react, when it' only a few seconds, it' always been like this! Being able to think clearly and make decisions is a serious life saver!

Good on you keeping your cool and not getting involved!:cool:

Lot's of people like to think they will do this or that but when it's in your face every one responds different .

This is true!! In the Army the guys that talked the most crap were usually the ones that freaked out. It's good to get your heart going every once in a while.

Yep but I have been in bar Brawl fighting but I knew who I was fighting lol year's ago . like I said it's been awhile sense I have seen or heard the screaming of someone getting there A$$ kicked lol

I'm down in Arozniya right now, and it' a whole different world, people are extremely rude, careless, disrespectful, and just plane ignorant. So far I have seen 3 fights ( almost all hombres) and one really old dude, never even fazed me! No_Regerts speaks the truth, I spent 17 years gettng shot at while working on injured solders, you do be come immune to stressful events. For me, it's really kind of weird, every thing goes into slow motion, and I have lots of time to react, when it' only a few seconds, it' always been like this! Being able to think clearly and make decisions is a serious life saver!

Good on you keeping your cool and not getting involved!:cool:

When things slow down, I get angry really easily because I think people are taking too much time. You have to remember that the other guy's world might be going mach 2.

I discovered in my recent 'situation' I fell right into what I was trailed as an LEO and soldier - to move to the open and take cover and concealment - I am not a 'fan' of the 'safe room' theory where one is backed into a corner - ain't doing it.

I'm thinking most of the screaming was for show but it's still screaming

People like that most of the noise is just that, for show. While back we had a nasty take down at work. Had to do it right in front of everyone in the Emergency Room. We got the kook restrained head to toe and as I was getting up I noticed a little kid who was maybe 4 or 5 was sitting there about 5 feet away watching it all. His eye's looked like saucers, his mother had almost the same look. As we were leaving I told my partner maybe we should have said this is what happens when you don't come up with your co pay :)

After all this I got my Pepsi and chips lol probably didn't need them but what you going do mmmmm went to Safeway for Pepsi and chips and got in the middle of a fight .back to the post of situation awareness .

Another thing before fight or flight hits in real life is the amount of time it takes the reality of what's happening to sink in.
For regular guys like me I almost freeze, not out of fear but out of trying to process.
When you aren't in those situations regularly it takes an untrained mind like mine to realize something is going on.

Similar to mass shootings, people don't react quickly because they don't think/realize the event and seriousness is really happening.

I've been party to some violent incidents nothing bad, and with medical emergencies, again Thankfully nothing that ended badly, but I reacted as needed. Maybe not prefectly in hind sight, but good enough.

It still makes you think when the next incident happens will you react properly? Will you miss something?
Will you handle it with clear thinking?

Then there's the bystander thought, that people will stay back and watch, assuming/thinking someone else will help.

We all respond different .I kinda frezz like I did lol didn't used to frezz I'm old now so need more time to figure out what is happening mmmmm KINDA like should I take my mom's driver's license or her CPL she is slowing down lol

Then there's the bystander thought, that people will stay back and watch, assuming/thinking someone else will help.
This was NEVER a thought or consideration in my situation - I simply resorted to what I was trained, secured my position and moved to area of cover and concealment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top