JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been dealing with Ebay, both as a buyer and seller for about 10 years. While I am aware of their anti-gun stance as well as that of their former affiliate PayPal, it's one of the best options out there for certain types of sales. And, I figure every gun-related item I buy on Ebay and pay for through PayPal, is a nice way to prove them the hypocrites they really are. Besides, if I stopped doing business with every company that had anti-gun stances, I wouldn't have many left to choose from :(

Anyway, regardless of how you feel about them, in the past 10 years I've never had a deal go bad on Ebay (never a problem with PayPal either). But it was bound to happen at some point I suppose. I made a purchase of a used Glock 20 slide (complete, with barrel, recoil spring, guide rod). It was a pretty decent price with free shipping. I made the purchase using the PayPal 6 months no payment/no interest option and waited for it to ship. 2 days later, the tracking number was posted and I just waited for it to arrive, but it never did.

I kept watching the tracking number - the package never showed up in the USPS' hands. I contacted the seller, several times, no response. So, I opened a "case", which is step one if you think you might have a bad deal. The seller then gets 7 days to respond, so the wait begins. Ebay won't do anything until after that 7 days pass. I opened the case 1 week after the purchase, so today, 2 weeks after the purchase date, I could finally get Ebay involved.

Now, I've heard that Ebay tends to take the seller's side, and I don't know if that's true. But in my case, I can report that from the time I called them in to the time they issued my refund was all of 2 hours. Looks like this JA was pulling a scam because over the course of this week, he started racking up negative review after negative review, all with the same story as me.

So, it worked out for me in the end, Ebay stood behind their purchase guarantee with little pain on my part save for waiting. As for the AH that pulled this stunt, I hope they get him for fraud.

Moral of the story - I made one mistake on this one that I normally avoid. He was a new seller, with only 2 feedback (both positive) on the day I made my purchase. I should have listened to the 'voice', but I wanted that slide. Oh well, it's over now, and I can start shopping again.

BTW, my favorite sale on Ebay? A still nice condition HP15c Scientific Calculator from my college days (anyone remember RPN logic?). I think I paid around $80 at the time. I sold it, 20 years later, for over $350 to a guy in Spain - and he paid the international shipping. Crazy. I almost tossed that thing out. You just never know. Second favorite, a pair of matching Starbuck's coffee mugs from my aunt who passed away - part of a 'series' they ran. Those two mugs brought in $125. I don't get it, but I certainly like the $$ ;)

Last Edited:
Now, I've heard that Ebay tends to take the seller's side, and I don't know if that's true. But in my case, I can report that from the time I called them in to the time they issued my refund was all of 2 hours. Looks like this JA was pulling a scam because over the course of this week, he started racking up negative review after negative review, all with the same story as me.

The buyer is completely in control on E Bay. I have no problem buying a lot of things on there. I also sell and have a 100% positive feedback over `13 years. Not hard to do. That guy will likely just close his account and start another one since that many negative reviews in a short time means your done anyway.

The buyer is completely in control on E Bay. I have no problem buying a lot of things on there. I also sell and have a 100% positive feedback over `13 years. Not hard to do. That guy will likely just close his account and start another one since that many negative reviews in a short time means your done anyway.

That's good to know both as a buyer and seller. I've also got 100% positive feedback on Ebay, I take good care of my buyers and communicate well. Until this last week, I've never had to test Ebay's protection, but thankfully it worked.

That's good information as I'm always nervous when I dabble on Ebay which isn't very often due to the nervousness.

I think I feel better about Ebay now than I did when I first started. Overall, until this happened, I've had no issues to report. It's a good place to find things that aren't necessarily easy to find other place. For gun stuff, I've bought complete slides, barrels (conversion and standard), springs, triggers, sights. Heck, you can almost build a complete gun off of Ebay. Save for the lowers, you can get everything else you need to build a Glock or 1911, probably some others too. Just be aware that magazines are limited to 10-rounds on Ebay, though I have picked up a few 'standard capacity' models there.

RPN HP41c was my 2nd college calculator

The first, a TI, "melted" during my 1st year spring term electronics final - Thursday 3pm test - it was like 120 in the room. (ok melted is not quite right, but it did stop functioning during the test)

The 41 is what they flew on the shuttle - every one had one in their space suit pocket and programmed for re-entry calculations.

hp41c.gif

I still have my HP15C and 41CX though my card reader in trashed after someone removed it while the HP was powered up! At least my math pac and circuit analysis pac still work!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top