JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been doing some wheeling and dealing over the last few months, one of those deals left me with a CZ "clone", an EAA Tanfoglio Witness 9 mm.

IMG_0377.JPG

Was impressed enough with the near CZ that I decided I had to try the real thing. So about a month ago, I was finally able to trade off my XDs on an older P07 Duty. I believe I'm the third owner, I have no idea of round count, but it's in excellent condition, and the trigger is outstanding, 4# single, 9# double, and smooth as oil on glass. Only chages I've made are a set of Talon grips, a FO front sight, and switched it to decocker. Pic is pre-grip and sight.

IMG_0372.JPG

Much as I like the P07, I tend to prefer the ergonomics of the metal framed guns. I've been lusting after a 75D PCR for about a year, went back and forth several times re: decocker vs. safety, but finally decided to standardize on decockers. Found this little jewel on Arf.com at a nice price, had it in hand about a week and a half ago. Been to the range once so far, no issues over a couple hundred rounds, other than a tendency for the trigger to chew on me a bit, I need to do some smoothing. I knew from shooting a friends Compact that the thin metal edge on the mag base would be a problem, so ordered some SP-01 rubber bases from Greg Cote, problem solved and grip perfected. Gun isn't really gold, just a trick of the light.

IMG_0006.JPG

So one of my favorite calibers is the venerable .45 ACP. I have a Colt 1911, it's an excellent shooter and probably the most accurate in my hands. But I'm really wanting to standardize on DA/SA with decocker, and I'm becoming very much a CZ fanboy. So the obvious solution? Replace the 1911 with a 97BD :cool:. So this bad boy should be in my hands sometime next week.

image2.jpeg

So about all I need to complete my collection is a full size 9 mm, most likely either an SP-01 Tactical or Phantom, as it'll just be a range toy, no particular preference for polymer vs. metal frame, price will decide. The 75BD isn't on the list because I prefer the upswept beavertail of the later models. Later, and hope y'all enjoy the pics ;).

Dave

Nice collection of CZs you have there. Be warned, you have been bitten by the CZ bug. It got me a number of years ago. My first one was a 452 American rifle back about 15 years ago. I have lost count of how many are in my collection now.

I have a P01 and a TriStar C100 with a safety. The TriStar really has as nice a trigger and a great finish. I prefer the decockerof the CZ but some of these clones are worth a look.

I would love to add a Phantom to my collection some day. probably the best I've shot any gun.

The CZ bug is contagious for sure.
I like to look at my CZ52, then at my Shadow2 and consider how much things have advanced.

I know, pops. I have the 97B and I'm thinking I need to purchase the decocker variant to keep it company in the safe. Plus you can't have only 1 gun of any given caliber, right?

The CZ addiction is strong.

SP-01 tactical next. Then consider the Shadow2 if it's really a range gun. My Shadow2 and sp-01 tactical do bedside duty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top