JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts! I just wanted to post some pictures of my latest minor project. It's much more accurate than my Kahr MK, yet it conceals just as well with my wears of choice. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Firearms 2012-03-26-15 E2.jpg

Firearms 2012-03-26-03E2.jpg

Looks different and I kinda dig it... reminds me of the XDs lol. So does this void your factory life time warranty?

This is an old police trade-in so I'm not too worried about warranties. Plus I don't put anything hot through it anyway; just the slow, heavy stuff. It grips just like a G27, but with the heavier, longer slide, the recoil seems to be more manageable.

We all have our preferences. I have a Glock 26 and with the standard 10 rd magazine it is very difficult for me to grip the gun well enough to hit anything with it. I shoot a lot better when I use a Glock 19 mag with a spacer, or a G26 mag with a pinky extension.

That is very interesting. How do you do that without ruining the polymer?

I cut it with a coping saw, bench grinder, file, and sandpaper. I had initially thought that the polymer might melt on contact with high-speed cutting/grinding, but it just comes off as a very fine powder. The most annoying part of the project was the cleanup - I finally got my air hose to get into all of the nooks inside the frame and it cleaned up quite well. If I was to do it again to another frame, I would make sure that lubricating oils are minimized before cutting.

We all have our preferences. I have a Glock 26 and with the standard 10 rd magazine it is very difficult for me to grip the gun well enough to hit anything with it. I shoot a lot better when I use a Glock 19 mag with a spacer, or a G26 mag with a pinky extension.

I understand what you mean by the grip, but that's the compromise you have to deal with to get something like this to conceal so well. After 1K rounds or so, you just get used to gripping it better with those two middle fingers. I did like the pinky extension on my G27, but my wife could detect it on my side if I was to move certain ways. With this pistol, she said that she can't see it at all; even with the longer slide. As with many issues concerning firearms, there has to be some kind of compromise.

That is an interesting idea and looks well done. Have fun shooting and carrying it. Now that you have that you have no more need for that 35 so send it my way, LOL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top