JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those who haven't discovered the AR game yet, do yourself a favor and get a stripped lower asap. Should Measure 114 halt background checks for an extended length of time you can filled the void by discovering the world of AR15s. There are so many ways to configure them that it's almost like getting a new gun each time you reconfigure it. Prices are ridiculously cheap for lowers and most other parts. A $350 build is easily achievable these days. Buy a lower and keep it for insurance against the doldrums of not being able to buy a new firearm.

Solid advice....put a couple lowers and a big handful of good quality mags in the safe for a rainy day.....because it's clouding up.
Yes I should have added mags. But the lower will be hardest to get especially if the antis in Salem pass AWB. The queue will only be getting longer from here on out. If you can find a lower for a reasonable price locally that would be your best bet. There are a few in the classifieds for a decent price. Here is one, I thought about jumping on but I don't want to get too greedy.

I agree very much agree, this is good advice to the non-AR owner or the newer owner who hasn't "branched out" yet. I would even say, at as low as $40/$45 each for decent lowers, lay in two or three so you can amuse yourself for a while until the illegal law is vacated.

Gunmag Warehouse has some good mag deals rn, especially 20rd polymer mags $8 to $10 each. (Hexmag and Pmag). I'll post a link to that in the deals section. The SK 30rd steel mags are back and $5 a lot of places.

100% agree.

Git while the gittin is good.
Many caliber options with merely one lower.

Im doing that with one of my AR pistol builds. .22lr, 7.62x39, 556 and Im dabbling with 9mm and a mag adapter.. thats 4 calibers on one firearm.. and all with unregulated parts aside from the lower and mags. So buy mags.

I like the fun of building an AR but I am getting old and will be selling before long. If 114 isn't defeated in court I will have to sell out of state....if the Feds haven't come up with a ban of some kind.

I should buy a couple just for fun anyway and let those who inherited my guns deal with the laws. :D

This price seems a little high but by the time you pay shipping and the FFL fees you will probably come out ahead buying this one from this local FFL.

Edit: I believe he will give a discount on three or more lowers but I would PM him for details. He also has the no logo lowers for $5 more.

Last Edited:
This price seems a little high but by the time you pay shipping and the FFL fees you will probably come out ahead buying this one from this local FFL.

I remember when they could barely give them away for $19.95.

Bear Creek Arsenal has some low cost ARs. Need to run a wet patch through the barrel every couple of months while in storage but they're not a bad deal for an extra or beginners rifle. Might want to grab a few LaRue MBT's while they're on sale too.

Well, crap, better stop now before I'm building another rifle based on the spare crush washer in the bottom of my toolbox! :D

I remember when they could barely give them away for $19.95.

You guys had cool fridges then too:

1668110477917.png

Last Edited:
Besides buying stripped lowers, buy AR stripped uppers, barrels, and other parts to complete your upper and lower receivers. Also buy some spare items like gas rings, a few spare BCGs, charging handles, and other items as well.

Buy ammunition and magazines as you see fit. With food, energy, and shortages of various kinds buy what you can afford now.

Besides buying stripped lowers, buy AR stripped uppers, barrels, and other parts to complete your upper and lower receivers. Also buy some spare items like gas rings, a few spare BCGs, charging handles, and other items as well.

Buy ammunition and magazines as you see fit. With food, energy, and shortages of various kinds buy what you can afford now.
I remember last time we went down this road decent LPK and BCG were unobtanium.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top