JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
shnxbm778g611.jpg

I thought they were using this new app.

-Robert

Manually trying to time such a short duration is terribly fraught with error. In this case, watching the video frame by frame, the first shot took 14 frames to hit the target. That gives 14/24 (24 frames per second) or 0.583 seconds. For 566 yards (i.e. 1598 feet), that's 2911 fps, a *far* more likely velocity than 10,000+! Especially as that's the average over the 566 yards, not the muzzle velocity. Also verified as the 14 frames show the timer as stopping well before the target gets hit.

Why, yes, I *am* an engineer. Why do you ask? :s0114:

Manually trying to time such a short duration is terribly fraught with error. In this case, watching the video frame by frame, the first shot took 14 frames to hit the target. That gives 14/24 (24 frames per second) or 0.583 seconds. For 566 yards (i.e. 1598 feet), that's 2911 fps, a *far* more likely velocity than 10,000+! Especially as that's the average over the 566 yards, not the muzzle velocity. Also verified as the 14 frames show the timer as stopping well before the target gets hit.

Why, yes, I *am* an engineer. Why do you ask? :s0114:
I started out thinking that there was no way it would work due to velocity not being constant since we aren't in a vacuum. Then I realized what day it was - April 1st, the day that physics follow completely different rules and 10K fps is easily attainable.

The main use of my smart phone, other than getting calls trying to sell me boner pills or my car's extended warranty is to find my wife's phone or car keys (via Air Tag) every time she loses them. Happy wife, less pain in life.

From the title and OP (before watching any) I highly suspected it was going to some parody involving using smartphones as targets. I was wrong, but as soon as they started talking about using a phone as a timer to target... yeah... they lost me and had to call "BS". It went downhill from there... and took too long getting to the punchline. The humor was lost by then. 🤣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top