JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me it is Country 90% of the time since we live one and a half hours from Nashville - Country Music City USA. The other 10% is based on the mood I am in. I do like some Gospel and other types of music. Basically I like most music except for Hard Rock and Rap which I can not stand!:eek:

Yup, I cannot listen to current Rock, and consider Rap to be garbage that a 5yr old could write. (No offense to Rap lovers intended).

My Barbershop Quartet does a lot of Gospel arrangements. We are currently trying to perfect a cover of The Lord's Prayer arranged by Jim Clancy of the Vocal Majority choir. Some great chords:

BB
Have you ever heard of Bill and Gloria Gaither? I helped a good friend who cut an album at their Studio in Indiana by doing some background singing for his album. HIs name is Ted Davis and the Album was entitled My Desire! What a blessing that was!
Your Lords Prayer Song is simply GREAT!
Thanks for sharing it with us!:D

BB
Have you ever heard of Bill and Gloria Gaither? I helped a good friend who cut an album at their Studio in Indiana by doing some background singing for his album. HIs name is Ted Davis and the Album was entitled My Desire! What a blessing that was!
Your Lords Prayer Song is simply GREAT!
Thanks for sharing it with us!:D

You sang on an album... I'm impressed!!! Is there a digital version of that album on ITunes?

Glad you liked that version of The Lord's Prayer. Multitrack recordings usually have such a great blend. My quartet is also performing There's Something About That Name (Gaithers). (Not promoting religion here... if you don't like Gospel music, don't click)

Steppenwolf!!
Everybody knows about Born to be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride. Not so many are familiar with John Kay's body of work.
The Ostrich (1968) If this ain't prophecy set to music, it will do until such comes along.
The Blues Suite (1968) 5 songs that go through loss, sadness, and resurrection.
Monster (1969) Social commentary writ large. Truer today than when it was written.
It's hard to list the 50 years of John Kay and Steppenwolf's music in this platform.
Check out the website and YouTube for the songs that you have never heard. I have seen them live 25 times since 1968 and I still love the precision of the music itself and the perceptive, literate lyrics.

Classic Rock, my hero Jimi, but lots of others. Spencer Davis Group with Stevie Winwood, Traffic, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, etc... No Beatles!
Right there with ya, but something recently clicked for me and the Beatles. I always hated them growing up but once you find that one non overplayed song that fits your style it opens a door. At least it did for me. Im not a huge fan or anything, but I respect them and enjoy a few of their songs.
-dont let me down, shes so heavy, while my guitar gently wheeps, come together... That might be about it

Right there with ya, but something recently clicked for me and the Beatles. I always hated them growing up but once you find that one non overplayed song that fits your style it opens a door. At least it did for me. Im not a huge fan or anything, but I respect them and enjoy a few of their songs.
-dont let me down, shes so heavy, while my guitar gently wheeps, come together... That might be about it

I actually enjoy some of their songs also. But soooooo overplayed on the radio or XM sat. Just burned me out. When I was a kid, I just couldn't stand them because I was into Acid Rock, Blues, etc, and they were so, IDK, mellow, vanilla?

Yes, songs I like are Yesterday (my quartet does a cover), And I Love Her, Blackbird, Do You Want To Know A Secret, Drive My Car, Happiness Is A Warm Gun (betcha don't remember that one!), Rocky Raccoon, Here There And Everywhere, Hey Jude, If I Fell, I'll Follow The Sun, Michelle, Taxman, Why Don't We Do It In The Road.

:D

I actually enjoy some of their songs also. But soooooo overplayed on the radio or XM sat. Just burned me out. When I was a kid, I just couldn't stand them because I was into Acid Rock, Blues, etc, and they were so, IDK, mellow, vanilla?

Yes, songs I like are Yesterday (my quartet does a cover), And I Love Her, Blackbird, Do You Want To Know A Secret, Drive My Car, Happiness Is A Warm Gun (betcha don't remember that one!), Rocky Raccoon, Here There And Everywhere, Hey Jude, If I Fell, I'll Follow The Sun, Michelle, Taxman, Why Don't We Do It In The Road.:D
Ah, see I might have benefited from not hearing them on the radio a million times being just 31. Nirvana was overplayed when I was growing up (still love em though)

Ah, see I might have benefited from not hearing them on the radio a million times being just 31. Nirvana was overplayed when I was growing up (still love em though)

What genre would you call Nirvana?

It's funny what different people consider classics. I'm always amazed at the breadth of listener favs! For me classics are mostly the songs of my teens and 20s, so that would be 60s and 70s vintage music. For example, I heard the Beatles when they just started out, now they are dinosaurs. LOL. But my dad thought the Big Band Era was classics. I suppose there are those that would insist only Beethoven is classics. I appreciate a lot of different genre music, yet I'm still fairly choosy about particular songs. Moonlight Sonata is good, so is Ave Maria, so is Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

Hey, I forgot... I like Smooth Jazz too. Spiro Gyra, Herb Alpert, Kenny G, David Sanborn. I used to listen to New Age music but found it so relaxing I was going to sleep... Enya, Liz Story, Kitaro, George Winston. I still love the Christmas albums of Mannheimer Steamroller.

:D

Gunfire, music to my ears.

As a side note my wife claims she is into country but she had never heard of the guitar man so yeah.... She also hadn't heard most 80s rock. I listen to a little everything.

For you hard rock fans, a band I have been listening to for the past year. Band-Maid. Truly talented musicians. My favorite songs from them.....
Clang-onset-ooparts-blooming-Thrill-non Fiction Days-Freedom. Check them out on you tube. And yes, they wear French Maid outfits...

Here's a little trivia about a movie we all have seen and a old man we all know BUT DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO HE IS.
One memory I will cherish forever is being a guest of import at a party in a rural area outside of Little Rock, AR, and "The Last Waltz" was on the stereo. Shortly after my buddy and I were declared honorary Southerners, "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down" came on, and everyone stopped and sang along. I hadn't heard the song before that, and hearing 150 drunk Southerners sing along was something to behold.

Here's a little trivia about a movie we all have seen and a old man we all know BUT DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO HE IS.

I did not know the history of this man, Levon Helm.

I remember him in the movie but not the rest of his story. I enjoyed the movie, we watched it many times and donated it to our library.

I will have to show this to my husband later on.

Thank you for posting this.

Cate

One memory I will cherish forever is being a guest of import at a party in a rural area outside of Little Rock, AR, and "The Last Waltz" was on the stereo. Shortly after my buddy and I were declared honorary Southerners, "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down" came on, and everyone stopped and sang along. I hadn't heard the song before that, and hearing 150 drunk Southerners sing along was something to behold.

Okay!

It just sunk in and I do remember Levon Helm.

I believe that he was on the old JOHNNY CARSON show.

It took me a bit and when I put THE LAST WALTZ on a You Tube link - it sunk in.

Old Lady Cate

PS:

You Tube

The Band, And The Staples - The Weight (The Last Waltz)

Who else sang THE WEIGHT?

Last Edited:
I like ALMOST all kinds of music and I always loved and still LOVE to DANCE almost as much as I love to SWIM. I love to sing too! I am NOT a great singer but I sing anyway. LOL

I am not very good with the NAMES of some bands, singers and musicians until I HEAR the music or song and it brings back a memory. Then I look up the lyrics and sometimes I am shocked on how much I did NOT hear or understand some lyrics even when I was a teen or young woman.

Which would bring up a good book or two of them (And some discussions.) on ALL of this but I do not want to DERAIL the thread here.

I do NOT like and basically detest GANG RAP music with lyrics that DEMEAN people especially women when they talk about rape AND whey they talk about murdering peace officers and that sort of THING.

I am NOT up too date with current music, singers, bands, lyrics, etc. in any type of music. What I have heard makes me want to turn it OFF.

Back to older bands, musicians, lyrics, singers, etc. I have VERY eclectic tastes in music as I do in plays, movies, boob tube shows, books, art, etc.

I like more music and types of music than I could LIST here and the music goes back to LONG, long, long BEFORE I was born too.

Plus past the 50's, 60's, 70's and on.

I played Christmas music today from a to z. My husband cooked and he even sang to some of the music from those 3 young men from Italy! No, he does not speak or sing in Italian. HE does have a beautiful VOICE though. ; . )

IL VOLO (ilvolomusic.com)

Music | IL VOLO (ilvolomusic.com)

ALBUM - 2013

Buon Natale

MERRY CHRISTMAS
THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM

We listened to:

Frank Sinatra

Bing Crosby

Andy Williams

Nat King Cole

Martina McBride - Christmas CD.

Etc.

I love choirs from America and all around the world when it comes to Christmas music and old Gregorian chants to you name it too!

So basically I LIKE more than what I do NOT like in music even though I am NOT, not and not up to date in current music.

Some of what I heard on regular 'modern' am or fm radio or saw them off of the boob tube (News - lol.) did not impress me! I do not even KNOW the singers other than how awful they look and sound - MOST of the time, I can't even UNDERSTAND what they are singing too. The music sounds 'canned' or all off of a computer - whatever that TERM is called. There IS a word for it but I will be dipped if I can remember what it is.

I thought that it was just ME but my MT husband who is an EXPERT in most music can't even UNDERSTAND what they are singing and/or the SOUND of the PERFORMANCE IS TERRIBLE!

Side note:

Someone put up Hank Williams Jr.'s name and song.

My husband previously owned one of Hank Williams Jr.'s rifles too. Hank put it on consignment and my husband bought it, owned it for a time frame, and shot it.

Anyway, when my husband downsized and consolidated ALL of his firearm calibers... he put it up for sale. He had the history of the rifle. The rifle was sold and it never hit the shelf or glass case.

Hank owns a place not too far from us the last that I heard. I am NOT positive and I am going by what I was told previously. He lives out here on THIS side of the Continental Divide. My husband told me that he lived around here, about his near fatal accident in another part of MT many years ago and his comeback.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top