JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been saying all along that the practice of open carry in large cities and other places where liberals congregate, would only lead to the loss of that privilege. So now I have been proven correct.

Why do so many of you want to scare the liberals into this kind of action? Why do you insist on shoving it in their faces? It only serves to get more liberals to take action against open carry. It never brings significantly more support for open carry.

Supporting our 2nd Amendment right is all good. Abusing open carry privileges is totally different. In rural areas open carry is an excepted practice, but culturally in the cities it is not.

So you made your point, and they made theirs, and the people in rural Multnomah County are pooched.

Now I guess you'll have to join us concealed carriers if you want to pack.

So I know a lot of you may disagree with me. Feel free to fire back. Oh, that's right, you can't.

You say that people are "abusing open carry privileges". Well first of all, when, where, and how?

This is not technically correct, because the law is being modified with the intent of preventing anyone from leveraging this right, at all, ever, under any circimstances - not just "abuse," which by the way, these people seem to have declared themselves the authority in defining. They consider "abuse" to be doing it at all. Very convenient.

IMO - from a person who does not often open-carry. Hunting season is just about it.

I'd say that the YouTubers "baiting" the Police by filming themselves walking city streets with an AR-15 slung is what pushed the new laws.

Same with the proposed concealed carry ONLY in the Capitol building law.

I'd say that the YouTubers "baiting" the Police by filming themselves walking city streets with an AR-15 slung is what pushed the new laws.

Same with the proposed concealed carry ONLY in the Capitol building law.
The capitol law came about after the 2A rally where people walked through the capitol with rifles while the legislature was in session.

I think you're right about the activists helping push this. They were in Portland which had basically the same laws the county enacted. They can't stop a CHL holder from carrying openly.

State preemption is blocking them from doing more.

You say that people are "abusing open carry privileges". Well first of all, when, where, and how?

This is not technically correct, because the law is being modified with the intent of preventing anyone from leveraging this right, at all, ever, under any circimstances - not just "abuse," which by the way, these people seem to have declared themselves the authority in defining. They consider "abuse" to be doing it at all. Very convenient.

IMO - from a person who does not often open-carry. Hunting season is just about it.

Hit the nail on the head with this one. The snooty activist are so deathly afraid of the sight of a gun "anywhere". This not about abuse of OC it is about controling the populus!!!
If (God forbid) another shooting happens I just hope that there will be someone like "us" to help end it quickly!!!

That's the problem with every single thing in life!
It's always the few who ruin it for the many.
Thankfully I can still shoot my hearts content out on my private property. That one almost sent me for a fricken loop.

The Ordinance Prohibits discharge of a firearm within the boundaries of the County and includes penalties. This subsection does not apply to or affect those listed in ORS 166.171:

•A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property.
•A person discharging a firearm in the course of lawful hunting.
•A landowner and guests of the landowner discharging a firearm, when the discharge will not endanger adjacent persons or property.
•A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.
•A person discharging a firearm in the course of target shooting on public land that is not inside an urban growth boundary or the boundary of a city, if the discharge will not endanger persons or property.
•An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, discharging a firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife.

Yep sure, the CHL holders don't need to worry about it because your right wasn't taken from you. You have asked for your permission to exercise your right and you still have it. Non-CHL holders rights were taken away but not yours, you should be happy. Some time later they might take away The Peoples right to open carry in the whole state of Oregon but that too want bother you because you have your permission.

I love it when people blame the victims. Multnomah County is full of gun hating liberals. Not our fault.
They were just looking for ANY excuse to try to control guns. Sandy Hook and the Clackamas Mall shooting is what
gave them the impetus to do this, not some guy carting around his rifle or someone open carrying.
I am not into open carrying myself, and in the last several years I have seen exactly one person OC, and that was in
Tigard. It's not like there are parades of people walking around OCing.
Put the blame where it belongs, on the liberal politicians and citizens.

Oh, and instead of whining about people who have CHLs, go out and get your own.
I don't think any one should have to have any license to carry any gun at any time in any place.
But that's the way it is now, so get over it.

Oh, and instead of whining about people who have CHLs, go out and get your own.
I don't think any one should have to have any license to carry any gun at any time in any place.
But that's the way it is now, so get over it.

See that is exactly the problem. Instead of standing up for what you believe in you just bend over because it is easier. Then you belittle me when I choose to stand.

Yeah, and what stand are you taking? Not getting a
CHL? that's really going to make a difference.

And writing my senators and representatives. Being very out spoken in the community about firearm rights and Constitutional rights in general. By not voting for any 2nd amendment infringing politician ( as much as I can tell). By writing and showing support to the politicians that have shown support to the 2nd Amendment and The Constitution.

Yes, I could do more and probably should.

But I guess I could just jump in line, get a CHL and forget about it. That would be a whole lot easier.

Divide and conquer is working in FULL effect in this thread.

Something happens and the gun owners are blaming other gun owners for what happened. Liberals are loving it. Hope you guys don't keep it up too long........

And writing my senators and representatives. Being very out spoken in the community about firearm rights and Constitutional rights in general. By not voting for any 2nd amendment infringing politician ( as much as I can tell). By writing and showing support to the politicians that have shown support to the 2nd Amendment and The Constitution.
Exactly the same things I do. So you are taking a stand and I am not?
But I guess I could just jump in line, get a CHL and forget about it. That would be a whole lot easier.
Nope, by not getting a CHL you are giving in and not having ANY right to carry a gun. Until we can get the liberals out
(good luck in Oregon, LOL) and make it a right for everyone to carry OC or concealed at any time, a CHL is what we've
got.

Divide and conquer is working in FULL effect in this thread.

Something happens and the gun owners are blaming other gun owners for what happened. Liberals are loving it. Hope you guys don't keep it up too long........

It is not a recent epiphany for me. I have always seen that the CHL crowd knows good and well that what the state is doing is unconstitutional but then goes ahead and asks for the permission to do their right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top