JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is like the parable of the Nazi's in Germany. They keep on chipping away a little at a time until they get what they want, an unarmed, defenseless population. When I was younger I never used to buy in to conspiracy theory's, but now I am not so sure anymore. I am glad I probably won't be around to see the sad ending on where the gun control laws are going.

The interesting bit of this that has been largely overlooked (but mentioned passingly by Lars Larson) is the attempt to ban armed security, except at FDIC insured banks, from carrying unless they have a CHL or "open carry license" - Portland tried that. They got sued, and the state AG had to send them a letter letting them know that they were still part of Oregon, and a DPSST armed security license was just as valid in Portland as the rest of the state.

I hope that First Response, and the other locally owned and operated companies will sue the crap out of MultCo and get this crap overturned. I know most armed security guys also get their CHL - but this is crap.

This ordnance does NOTHING to stop criminal acts - as the commissioners even acknowledged - but they're all for turning law abiding folks into criminals. That's what they really want.

Any and all infringement on the right (not privilege) to keep "and bear" arms is in violation of the second amendment along with the Oregon constitution which also has a similar right listed. Anyone that obtains a CHL is accepting this violation and there is no ifs and or buts about it. Either you accept this violation and do not fully support the second amendment or you do not and you refuse to abide by illegal laws. Anyone that believes they are maintaining their right by getting a license is not being honest with themselves. On the contrary by doing so you are giving up that right and allowing it to be turned into a privilege that can be removed at any time.

Any and all infringement on the right (not privilege) to keep "and bear" arms is in violation of the second amendment along with the Oregon constitution which also has a similar right listed. Anyone that obtains a CHL is accepting this violation and there is no ifs and or buts about it. Either you accept this violation and do not fully support the second amendment or you do not and you refuse to abide by illegal laws. Anyone that believes they are maintaining their right by getting a license is not being honest with themselves. On the contrary by doing so you are giving up that right and allowing it to be turned into a privilege that can be removed at any time.

A tough pill to swallow, you are 100% correct.

"...and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."

Hmmmm...sounds familiar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads