JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently you are extremely new. Bubblegum is the site specific word replacement for common swear words. Go ahead and try it out, type in the F or S word and see what actually posts.

Anyway. Taser for home defense is a incredibly stupid idea. I've actually been tased before by a 5.8million volt model, long story short, it didn't immobilize me, it largely didn't effect me (it left burn marks on my skin though) and the person who tased me was very concerned for their health because they assumed it would have stopped me.

Pepper spray and tasers may be a decent alternative on the street to try and ward off aggressors two legged and four legged without lethal force, but once someone has decided to enter your home unwanted for malicious reasons, your survival may depend on your willingness and ability to use lethal force.

Yeah, I understood what happened, just thought it was kinda silly. Different rules, I guess.

If it was said to have that rating that was not a Taser. It was one of those stun guns. They often try to use to Taser name to get people to buy them, but they do not do what a Taser does.
I still have one of those stun guns here I bought decades ago. Place I was working we would often run into bums who would try to camp out in some out of the way place. I had to roust them. Most would wake up and leave. Now and then one would pretend to not wake up. I would pull that stun baton out, let the sound go one time with a warning. If they still pretended to not wake up I would touch it to a leg. The pretending would end immediately. They are pretty worthless for defense but they sure as hell worked for getting people up and on their feet. :)

Is your brother named Vinci? ;)

I am now wondering if technology has reached the point where it is plausible to employee multiple Tasers for interior home defense?

Does anybody manufacture a multiple shot taser? With perhaps a laser pointer or a very bright mini flood light replacing a lethal firearm?

My local gun shop sells an expensive 2 shot Taser. Having several around the house out of sight might be more appropriate that a shotgun.

Also the consideration that a Taser will not penetrate interior or exterior walls. Is there other stuff that might work against home invaders?

45acp, doesn't overpenetrate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top