JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am now wondering if technology has reached the point where it is plausible to employee multiple Tasers for interior home defense?

Does anybody manufacture a multiple shot taser? With perhaps a laser pointer or a very bright mini flood light replacing a lethal firearm?

My local gun shop sells an expensive 2 shot Taser. Having several around the house out of sight might be more appropriate that a shotgun.

Also the consideration that a Taser will not penetrate interior or exterior walls. Is there other stuff that might work against home invaders?

I am now wondering if technology has reached the point where it is plausible to employee multiple Tasers for interior home defense?

Does anybody manufacture a multiple shot taser? With perhaps a laser pointer or a very bright mini flood light replacing a lethal firearm?

My local gun shop sells an expensive 2 shot Taser. Having several around the house out of sight might be more appropriate that a shotgun.

Also the consideration that a Taser will not penetrate interior or exterior walls. Is there other stuff that might work against home invaders?

Well yes but, as you mention they are pricey. Taser makes or at least made a 3 shot model I think it is. Last looked though for what they cost you could buy several single shot. The Pulse unit they sell runs in the $300 range. Small and work. Problem is if someone is willing to break into an occupied home they are very dangerous. The Taser has been a great invention for LEO's but they also have a firearm if the Taser fails. I often carry one of the new ones but I also carry a firearm too. If someone is willing to break into my home while I am here I am not going for one of my Tasers.
As for the wall penetration this too is hype. First off chances are you will never need to shoot anyone in your home. If you do it's far more important to know how to hit what you shoot at. Remember with the Taser if you miss or only get them with one lead it's worthless. With a gun you get another try, and most are going to be quite scared that you are sending lead at them. So slim chance you will need to shoot, odds of actually having a round go through the wall and hit someone else? Now you get into the astronomical odds. How often do you read this happening? I have read plenty of cases where someone makes the mistake of going outside with their gun and shooting at someone who is fleeing. Can't ever remember reading of a round shot at a bad guy they left the room and got someone else. Not saying it has not happened just that many are way over thinking this. If you are afraid to have or use a firearm then by all means get a Taser, maybe a few of them. They are far better than nothing but they have serious limitations.

I agree with Alexx. To many variables with a taser. You will be in close quarters and each shot will need to do it's job. You never know how many intruders you will be dealing with.

The Taser X2 has two cartridges.

Here is my thing with Tasers. They are devastating when you get it right. They are worthless if you don't. For it to be effective and create "Neuromuscular Incapacitation" (NMI), you have to have both probes firmly imbedded through the skin near major muscle groups. This can be difficult depending on clothing or movement. The further apart the darts are, the more effective it is. Its most effective when you "split the hemisphere" with one dart north and one south of the belt line. To get the darts far apart, you want to be at least 7 to 12 feet away. Closer than that, you may not enough spread to be totally effective. Farther than that, and you run a good chance of not having enough oomph to get both probes to stick. Cartridges usually max out at 15 to 25 feet depending on what you buy.

If you stick one dart and get a momentary freeze from the bad guy, you can rush forward and complete the circuit by pushing the Taser into the body.

See the problems with all of that? Its not a fast response weapon. Its best used when someone's attention isn't on you. There is a limited scope in which it can be effective. I'm guessing that less than 50% of deployments are successful. OC has a nearly 90% liklihood of having the desired effect, but IT DOES NOT INCAPACITATE. It causes enough sensory overload for you to get away. Then, there is the decontamination of your home.

In short: Use a gun.

If someone is in my house, I sure don't want to deal with all the variables of "less than lethal" defense options.

A Taser may be fine for a LEO but I'm Not going to be Arresting anyone. If I have to Shoot someone it will be for all the marbles, so to speak.

A Taser may be fine for a LEO but I'm Not going to be Arresting anyone. If I have to Shoot someone it will be for all the marbles, so to speak.

Agreed. I hope that day never comes. Not ever. But if it does, I want the ability to stop the threat with as little technical difficulties as possible.

BTW, I've seen multiple hits from a Taser not stop a threat, especially one on drugs. YouTube has some really good videos.

Agreed. I hope that day never comes. Not ever. But if it does, I want the ability to stop the threat with as little technical difficulties as possible.

Yah. Usually different scenario LEO's have when deploying less than lethal. Including armed backup, plus there own sidearm.

There was that video recently of the primary LEO deploying a taser on an armed subject. The armed subject drew and got off a bunch of shots prior to lethal means being deployed.

The subject did not hit anyone, AFAIK. The point being, is that was trained LE, with backup, dealing with a subject known to be armed.

Someone we do not know, breaks into our house while we are home?

Nope, no LTL, no sir! Bad idea rite there, IMHO.

Fully comply is the only option for the intruder.

Arrested home invaders may come back for revenge. Dead home invaders don't.

Yah. Usually different scenario LEO's have when deploying less than lethal. Including armed backup, plus there own sidearm.

There was that video recently of the primary LEO deploying a taser on an armed subject. The armed subject drew and got off a bunch of shots prior to lethal means being deployed.

The subject did not hit anyone, AFAIK. The point being, is that was trained LE, with backup, dealing with a subject known to be armed.

Someone we do not know, breaks into our house while we are home?

Nope, no LTL, no sir! Bad idea rite there, IMHO.

Fully comply is the only option for the intruder.
IP45 will be that ( you must fully comply with the invader .)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top