JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was funny. First guy I talked to was like..dude. The second guy was the money guy selling the place like a used car salesman. Problem was my experience was dead center in on what they needed. I wanted $150K to do that and they were throwing $90K. Not a match made in heaven.

It was funny. First guy I talked to was like..dude. The second guy was the money guy selling the place like a used car salesman. Problem was my experience was dead center in on what they needed. I wanted $150K to do that and they were throwing $90K. Not a match made in heaven.

seems like they may have been exercising their product testing options :)

The rest of the CA legal stuff is coming with.

Good luck. I hope you won't have to use them in self-defense.

With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Fresno has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22. Within California, more than 93% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Fresno.

Importantly, when you compare Fresno to other communities of similar population, then Fresno crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average. Regardless of how Fresno does relative to all communities in America of all sizes, when NeighborhoodScout compared it to communities of similar population size, its crime rate per thousand residents stands out as higher than most.

For Fresno, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon. According to NeighborhoodScout's analysis of FBI reported crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of one of these crimes in Fresno is one in 169.

Significantly, based on the number of murders reported by the FBI and the number of residents living in the city, NeighborhoodScout's analysis shows that Fresno experiences one of the higher murder rates in the nation when compared with cities and towns for all sizes of population, from the largest to the smallest.

Importantly, we found that Fresno has one of the highest rates of motor vehicle theft in the nation according to our analysis of FBI crime data. This is compared to communities of all sizes, from the smallest to the largest. In fact, your chance of getting your car stolen if you live in Fresno is one in 182.

Fresno, CA Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

It took 2-3 trips to the deep south before I realized...screw that.

Yeah me too...

image.jpeg

Fresno is really really really bad, Yakima is really really really really bad Yakima Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Surely there must be some places you could work besides Fresno and Yakima.

My expertise is in Ag and fruit/food processing and those are mostly located in the San Joaquin area in CA and other similar areas so ...no. The jobs I am qualified for are high level in those areas and are at the high wage levels in those areas so its not a total loss. You can get a real nice house in a nice neighborhood in Clovis, CA which is a very nice area for much less than what housing in Yakima goes for. I can make $150K profit on the house I paid $350K for 3 years ago in Yakima and make 35% cash down payment no problem on a sweet place.

Last time I was visiting clients in Fresno I kept my pistol next to me in my hotel room. Heard shots down the street during the night, and then, oddly, no sirens.

Shaver Lake is about a 45 min drive up the hill from Fresno. Used to live up there in the early 70's. When I lived there it was around 460 population. I can't imagine what it is now. Shaver is a great fishing and boating lake. About 20 miles up the road from Shaver is China Peak for skiing. Keep going pass China Peak and you start getting into the back country. We're talking 9000+ ft peaks with sheer granite walls. Some of us that were on the dumber side would pack back into Humphy Basin (spelling) and wait for the lightning. The Basin was solid granite with fissures that went on for miles. Really put the fear of God into you when the lightning was dancing on the granite and the fissures would glow blue. Fresno people are a bit strange. Opening day of hunting season they would walk around Shaver with revolvers strapped to their leg and were convinced it was the old West and they might have to draw at any time. Often their wife, girlfriend or whatever was walking behind them with a deer rifle she had no idea how to carry. People would spray paint "DOG" on the side of their canines to hopefully give them half a chance to survive the season. I worked on the volunteer ambulance and would always sign up for the day before and the opening day of hunting season. Back then I got $25 per patient to get them down to Fresno before they died of gunshot wounds. No chopper airlift in those days. Often I would have them stacked up in the back of the ambulance. Good money. Try to spend as much off time in the Sierras and you will probably keep your sanity. Best to you.
Shaver lake was great when we used to go there but that was in the 80s

As for Fresno CA my cousin is school superintendent there.
And I have other family members in that area.
But it is California.
I'm from southern California .
But haven't been back there in years .
Except to Shasta lake

I can feel the hate coming down already. Yep. I'm moving to Fresno. Taking a job as engineering manager with a hugigantic winery. 24 million gallons in cooperage. NFA stuff is staying up here so I can visit it sometimes. The rest of the CA legal stuff is coming with.

Hello,

Why would we hate you if you need to move away for a good job, a promotion, better benefits, etc.?

Do what works for YOU and your family.

Take what you can with you in LEGAL firearms, ammunition, reloading supplies or in any other item that will make your life happier and safer.

I wish you well even if I really do not 'know' you in person. Peace.

Sincerely,

Cate
PS: Many states are losing their gun rights even though a lot of us have fought the good fight or continue to fight for gun rights and other liberty issues. Like one gentleman said previously, it is depressing but it is true in specific states. Meanwhile, so called free states are losing because the so called Rs and conservative leaders (?!?) have NOT stood up for us. I know that the Ds have screwed us but in some states - red states - this crapola should not stand.

Last Edited:
Trading snow for Palm trees. Yeah, I dont see much of a difference on the West Coast. Did a few interviews in the south but you couldnt pay me enough to live in Mississippi or Alabama.

Could you tell us more about this please? Those states? Thank you.

Pros and cons?

Cate

I hear you on this. We had been going back and forth between heading to Idaho or Arizona. This winter convinced me of the latter. I'm done with the rain, snow, and wet damn near half the year.

Anyway, good luck and best of wishes on your new gig and the move. :)

Please keep us informed about this move and the state of AZ.

Thank you.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class