JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They apparently put you on "garden leave" so that you couldn't download their information while goofing off during your last few days.

That needs to be done BEFORE you give notice. Not that anybody ever took client lists or any other kind of information with them. When you build a business for some one, they don't see the value in paying you market rate or commensurate with your skills, and you get a better offer, and go for it, then they wonder why you did it. I was backing up data for years. I never signed non competes or was restricted by the companies in any way. Hell, the normal thing was to eject and go to the competitors usually anyway.

I built a multi million dollar business on contacts and relationships that I had made working for two different companies over 10 years. I was not a direct competitor in selling them products, but ancillary type related services. It worked out very well for me.

I lived in Fresno for 6 years, it wasn't THAT bad. The weather was the worst part, hot as hell there. The funniest part for me was that the locals thought it got cold and rainy in the winter.

There isn't that much to do inside Fresno, but there are a lot of nice places in the mountains not too far away. Kings Canyon is beautiful and not too crowded, and, of course, Yosemite, which is also beautiful, but very, very crowded.

Last Edited:
I lived in Fresno for 6 years, it wasn't THAT bad.

It's all about perspective and conditioning.

For people used to the crime, decay, and bad behavior of large cities or exceptional bubblegum-holes like Yakima, then Fresno won't seem that bad and is actually tolerable.

Most people in the cities, the East Coast, California, etc. are just plain used to lower standards of decency and behavior and surroundings. Graffiti, trash, broken windows, getting flipped off in traffic, rude people, etc, etc, etc, are all things that they are used to and don't hardly notice anymore.

For rural and small town people like me, living in such a degraded and hostile environment is absolute hell.

I spent three weeks near Tokyo a few months ago, on Yokota AFB. I spent quite a bit of time on public transport and in Tokyo.

There was NO graffiti, no loud obnoxious people on the trains, no worry about crime, no trash, etc.

Despite it being a very large and densely populated area, people there were decent to each other. They had a deep sense of personal honor and accountability.

It had nothing to do with their political system or tax rate, or constitution.

Americans are largely turning into selfish, rude, lazy, immoral, ignorant, and narcissistic bubblegums.

It's best to live where there are fewer of them...

And I've spent a good amount of time in Tokyo. It's all that stuff and oppressive as hell. No way in hell I'd ever consider living there.

In any case Charlotte came back with an offer today. It's all that and more.lets keep in mind that Charlotte is a little slice of NYC since large parts of the banking sector moved there. Good pizza and people using their horns in traffic.

I'd move to the south based off of the country music. That's a wet dream for me down there.
But I'm heavy country! And I sing. So getting band together is easier there.
North Carolina is about 1,000 times better than Cali.

Getting all packed up today and heading out to the new life in Charlotte NC Wednesday morning. Probably going to live in South Carolina . 5320.20's are filed , truck is loaded with my motorcycle, car is going on the trailer today. Soul shall stay intact.

Good luck with the initiatives and legislatures everyone.

My company has a major facility in Charlotte. Lots of employees have transferred there from Pullman and seem to be happy.

I've considered it, but too much family in this area.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews