JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been browsing this site from the outside for about a year and finally decided to join. I've lived in Jackson county, Shady Cove to be exact,Through my k-12 school years. I took a couple years off school before I decided to attended SOCC in Coos Bay. My fiance just landed a job at Coquille Valley Hospital.
I grew up shooting and recently took up hunting. I'm completely ignorant as to good places to shoot or hunt in this new (to me) area. I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting new like minded people and learning hunting/shooting spots through this awesome forum!:s0090:

The Elliot 'Publicly owned' State forest - but hurry! Soon it will be in the private hands of Roseburg Lumber and then things will be getting tight around here for a place to go on weekends, since Weyerhaeuser owns most the remaining land around here and it is all private.
Silver Hand

Thanks for the welcomes everybody!:s0162:

if you cant find any feel free to pm me.
I appreciate the offer! I might have to take you up on that.

The Elliot 'Publicly owned' State forest - but hurry! Soon it will be in the private hands of Roseburg Lumber
Silver Hand
I think I'd rather stay of the dunes due to the people like you mentioned. Ill definitely check out Elliot ,Do we know when that land becomes private ?

My old stomping grounds! I know the area very, very well. Unfortunately I don't know places to shoot very well because I always had lots of family owned land to shoot on while growing up down there.

They are predicting 2017 the paper work will be completed and the entire remaining forest will sold to a private party.
Roseburg lumber is on the top of the Cronies list. The first sale at Benson ridge up hill from lake side sold for less then the timber value from what I was told. I never saw the numbers but it is now gated.
I would drive in often from Coos bay and exit to lakeside to get fuel when traveling the long way around from Ash Valley or Loon Lake. From there you can cross over to Soup creek and go through the hills and come out on Tyee Rd. or on hwy 138, Aaah Black top!! Soup Creek Rd and on to 138 is not part of the sale!
There were many times I would enter Charlots Ridge or Deans Creek once in a wile Scholfield creek all in the Reeds Port area.
Some of the most remote entrances Long ago were Foot log [it went unmaintained for some time]
off the entrance to Loon Lake from Hyw 38 stay right just about 1/4 mile or so in on the right +- and at the end of the lake there are two more ways to the top I have found and once a long time ago if you stayed left past Ash Valley you would enter Weyerhaeuser and could come home that way using the outer 4000 road.
I cannot believe there is not another human being that will miss this forest more than myself, I traveled over 3000 miles to explore the wilderness of Oregon over forty years ago and you will find me in it until they close all the gates or I just cannot get there any longer.
Silver Hand

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews