JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently discovered color case hardened finishes. They look great on 1911s, lever-actions, and revolvers
Also looks good on an older-style rifle.....

1620637001893.png

I thought I was the only one that didn't like them either :)
I generally prefer more utilitarian finishes - such as matte dark colors - I like the matte parkerizing look on many guns, even revolvers and lever actions. I like high gloss blueing but I worry about rust. I don't care for much for matte or highly polished stainless and I don't care for chrome or nickel unless it is matte. I do like the gray matte stainless or titanium/scandium finishes.

Unknown makers of WWII militaria.

View attachment 880739

Gives a whole new meaning to "Light 'em up"
Another couple of companies were Oldsmobile who made heavy machine guns, and cannon as well as the M-2 and M-3 parts, any heavy stampings used for firearms likely came from Olds. Then there was Fairbanks Morse who made far more then low speed Engines! They were/are owned by parent company Colt Heavy industries and were part of the weapon design and prototyping for Colt weapon series production.

1200px-Walther_P5_Compact_(20931674426).jpg
Walther P5 Compact.
There is just something about the sleekness of the design and lines on this gun. These particular grips take to another level as well.

The full size and the P5 lang are also great, but this is the best because the barrel isn't sticking out the front breaking up the line.

There is something classic about the proportions and profile of a double-action revolver. Add some ergonomic stocks and it points very naturally. Late 60s S&W Model 30-1 with about 25 rounds through it. I hope to change that.

EDIT: Little back story. This was mom's in .32 S&W Long. Dad bought it for her as he thought a .38 Spl would be too much. Imagine that! How times have changed.

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews