JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YES, don't conseal it! Very bad.....

Nothing like an illegal / unregistered AOW to put and end to your gun hobby.
Rememb r folks, these firearms are right on the line between legal and illegal, without a tax stamp.

VERY GOOD TO KNOW, Thanks!

Hmm...still want one, but a bit less use for it. Still would be pretty handy as a house gun though.

Hmm...so if I have one of those Mossberg Shockwaves locked down in my truck, as a truck gun. Covered up by a cabinet, is it considered concealed? Would I then be risking putting myself into a whole big ole pile of legal poo?

If your state does not allow a long gun in the vehicle loaded "I" would not try it with these. Even though they are not a long gun it's such a mess right now I would not want to make myself a test case. Now if your state does allow a long gun loaded then I can't see why the Shockwave type gun would be a problem.

Now if it's in the vehicle and locked away to get in trouble they would have to be searching your vehicle.

It does not matter what it is, just what it can become. Once you conseal it, it automatically becomes an AOW, as per the ATF.

I know that they reversed their decision on shouldering an AR pistol. Can't redesign a firearm by how it's being used? Or some such thing? So maybe that could also be applied to these? As we are not redesigning them, by concealing them?

Someone go out and test this for us. :D

Last Edited:
a cabinet would need a search warrant to be searched, legally.

Or my consent. We've nothing to hide, I've been searched before (road trip Boston ->Colorado->Boston to pick up our camper ). Kansas sheriff dept east of Salinas, a good 6 cruisers showed up. :eek:

Figure they have a tough enough job to do. PLUS if they want to get a warrant they can easily enough.

Last Edited:
The way oregon classifieds firearms, these are pistols. And can be concealed

Dunno about that. I believe that was just the quick response to the FFL's because they were all on hold. That will more likely get changed.

Kind of like if an FFL (for whatever reason), filed a rifle as a pistol thru the system. It's still a rifle.

ATF is federal. Also, I'd like to see this classification confirmed in writing.
Best case, the ATF goes after you for possessing an unregistered AOW.
ATF says it a firearm. Oregon says its firearm. Concealed or not it's still a firearm. The only way it becomes are "unregistered nfa item" is you chang it OAL to be less then 26"

You all really like to over think things

ATF says it a firearm. Oregon says its firearm. Concealed or not it's still a firearm. The only way it becomes are "unregistered nfa item" is you chang it OAL to be less then 26"

You all really like to over think things
I thought some numbnut in Salem decided these were pistols to get the ok for them to start oking the sales again? That's what got several wondering how long it would take for them to realize that would open a mess.

PDFMailer.jpg

Really? "May"? Not "shall"? You act like it says "shall" but it says "may". Do you know what "may" actually means?

You are so funny. :rolleyes:
Where were you when they passed SB941? We needed you!

Back to regular programming..

That is not the BATFE letter, nor does it actual say what Oregon has determined them to be..

Read your letter again. "For the purpose of conducting an Oregon FICS check..".

These are just instructions for how an FFL should enter the firearm into the Oregon FICS system.

P.S. If we were this feisty back when we needed it, maybe we would not even need to have this constructive disagreement.

You are so funny. :rolleyes:
Where were you when they passed SB941? We needed you!

Back to regular programming..

That is not the BATFE letter, nor does it actual say what Oregon has determined them to be..

Read your letter again. "For the purpose of conducting an Oregon FICS check..".

These are just instructions for how an FFL should enter the firearm into the Oregon FICS system.

P.S. If we were this feisty back when we needed it, maybe we would not even need to have this constructive disagreement.
Do you always jump to conclusions?
Back to the subject at hand the "may" you keep talking about. Page 4 of the atf shockwave letter.

Do you know what the difference between shall and may?

2017-08-04 19.51.50.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads