JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are so funny. :rolleyes:
Where were you when they passed SB941? We needed you!

Back to regular programming..

That is not the BATFE letter, nor does it actual say what Oregon has determined them to be..

Read your letter again. "For the purpose of conducting an Oregon FICS check..".

These are just instructions for how an FFL should enter the firearm into the Oregon FICS system.

P.S. If we were this feisty back when we needed it, maybe we would not even need to have this constructive disagreement.

I know here in WA they got the voters to pass our version on the BGC law. I thought I had heard OR got it rammed down their throats by your Gov.? Some kind of executive order or such? Even if this was the case still lays at the feet of gun owners who refused to vote for her opponent because he was not "conservative enough", so they got Kate.

20545187_1385265648255153_855356752673427336_o.jpg

Guys, I just want to make sure I have this right:

• The state police were delaying transfer of the shockwave until the Oregon Department of Justice could review it, to determine if it was illegal under Oregon law.
  • The oDOJ has since declared the gun legal, and the sale and transfer of this product is now allowed. So I can buy one.
  • The oDOJ has declared that this product is a pistol, so it can be concealed under state law.
  • BUT under federal law, concealing this "firearm" MOST LIKELY reclassifies it as an AOW. Which is incredibly dumb, as you shouldn't be able to reclassify something based on how it is used.
  • Therefore, you can't CC it, or store it within reach in a vehicle.

Guys, I just want to make sure I have this right:

• The state police were delaying transfer of the shockwave until the Oregon Department of Justice could review it, to determine if it was illegal under Oregon law.
  • The oDOJ has since declared the gun legal, and the sale and transfer of this product is now allowed. So I can buy one.
  • The oDOJ has declared that this product is a pistol, so it can be concealed under state law.
  • BUT under federal law, concealing this "firearm" MOST LIKELY reclassifies it as an AOW. Which is incredibly dumb, as you shouldn't be able to reclassify something based on how it is used.
  • Therefore, you can't CC it, or store it within reach in a vehicle.

As so often happens with laws, especially gun laws, this is still something to be careful with. Yes OR delayed the transfer for a while. Then came up with the OK and told dealers to sell them as a pistol. Now if I was there I would NOT treat one as a pistol, at least not yet. If your state does not allow a long gun loaded in a vehicle I would NOT treat this like a hand gun. Now this could all change. I just would not want to make myself a test case for this stuff.

So, to change subjects. Anyone have any thoughts to throwing a chainsaw grip on one?

IMG_0698.JPG

Just saw this article and seemed an interesting update to this thread. The Shockwave is about to become legal in Texas, as of Sept 1st. I'm sure Mossberg is happy to hear that. Not sure if it applies to the Remington or not. According to the article, Mossberg builds these in Texas.

Thanks to efforts by members of the Texas House of Representatives and Texas Senate, House Bill (HB) 1819 passed in May 2017, the Mossberg 590 Shockwave will be legal in the state of Texas, beginning September 1, 2017. The legislation was advanced through the combined efforts of Senators Charles Perry and Craig Estes, Representatives Poncho Nevarez and Drew Springer, the National Rifle Association (NRA®) and Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA®) and clarified Texas state laws concerning the purchase of suppressors and certain firearms, including the 590 Shockwave pump-action. The change in the law hits close to home for Mossberg as the company proudly manufactures the 590 Shockwave at their facility in Eagle Pass, Texas, which is also the home district for Representative Nevarez.

ARMSLIST - Mossberg 590 Shockwave Becomes Legal in Texas

Does anyone with a Tac-14 want to trade me barrels +cash on your part?
I have a remington 14" rifle sight, remchoke night sight barrel. Looking for a plain jain 14" barrel 20170820_163759.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top