Mossberg 590 Shockwave 14 inch no stamp?

Discussion in 'Shotgun Discussion' started by Hedrin, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. madmax

madmax
    woodburn

As for 941, again you have no idea what your talk about or to

2. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I know here in WA they got the voters to pass our version on the BGC law. I thought I had heard OR got it rammed down their throats by your Gov.? Some kind of executive order or such? Even if this was the case still lays at the feet of gun owners who refused to vote for her opponent because he was not "conservative enough", so they got Kate.

3. madmax

madmax
    woodburn

20545187_1385265648255153_855356752673427336_o.jpg

Alexx1401 likes this.
  4. dan147

dan147
    Helvetia, OR

Guys, I just want to make sure I have this right:

• The state police were delaying transfer of the shockwave until the Oregon Department of Justice could review it, to determine if it was illegal under Oregon law.
    • The oDOJ has since declared the gun legal, and the sale and transfer of this product is now allowed. So I can buy one.
    • The oDOJ has declared that this product is a pistol, so it can be concealed under state law.
    • BUT under federal law, concealing this "firearm" MOST LIKELY reclassifies it as an AOW. Which is incredibly dumb, as you shouldn't be able to reclassify something based on how it is used.
    • Therefore, you can't CC it, or store it within reach in a vehicle.

Alexx1401 likes this.
  5. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Pierce County WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As so often happens with laws, especially gun laws, this is still something to be careful with. Yes OR delayed the transfer for a while. Then came up with the OK and told dealers to sell them as a pistol. Now if I was there I would NOT treat one as a pistol, at least not yet. If your state does not allow a long gun loaded in a vehicle I would NOT treat this like a hand gun. Now this could all change. I just would not want to make myself a test case for this stuff.