Mosin Nagant shooters/collectors in PNW?

Reactions
I've got a lot...

... a whole lot...

There's another thread with some pix...

Here's my totals, and yes I did have to pull out my book to generate this!

M91: 4, including a Sesty, NEW, and Remington
M91 Dragoon: 2
M91/30: 7, including a Restored sniper, original sniper, laminated stock
M38: 2
M44: 4, including a hex receiver, Tula
M39: 3 including one that's POULUSTUSLAITOS marked
Finn 91/30: 1
Finn M91: 1

Reactions
Shameless plug. for those of you looking for ammo for your russian war machines, a bunch of us are doing a bulk ammo buy from century, so that means free shipping. I need your order no later than 9pm on thursday night (1/28/09)

Reactions
i have an M44 but i wish i had ammo. the last ammo i bought was cycled ammo and 3 bullets got stuck in the barrel i even lost a good slam rod. any body have good ideas on ammo for the mosin nagant? my ammo was hotshot ammo from romania.
Hotshot is not bad ammo at all. We picked up the last one at the December Rose city show in Portland. There were quite a few nice Mosins at the show last weekend! Still a bargain by all other standards! Ammo is going up fast though. Used to be able to get a 400 round tin for $60, now, it's averaging about $90-$110.

Mosin's are known for tight chambers and sometimes will not allow cases to be fully seated into battery or extracted due to cosmoline in the chamber. My brother's M44 would not chamber a round so we polished the chamber with a 9mm brush on an electric drill using CLP. Don't go too much though. Spin it, check it, spin it, check it.

Now, it works great and nothing gets stuck!

Good luck! Mike

Reactions
I have a hex 91/30, a round 91/30, and an M44. When I get around to it I want to order a couple more hex 91/30's and a Finn of some kind. The M44 can be pretty brutal, but I love the 91/30's. Just something wonderful about that bayonet :D
9130bayo.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom