JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure that taller front sights are available for 91/30s. I've been told that the way to deal with this is by using electrical shrink tubing on the front sight post, cutting it to length. Something to try.

Yeah, I heard the same. Also, am told that if I remove the whole sight I can somehow access the front sight post from the bottom and replace it with a substitute that is longer. Either way I'm REALLY shooting high at 100yds.....

None of the 91/30's today had their bayonet fixed. They all shot high-ish and right. We all shot light-ball 147-150gr. The bayonet would mount with the blade to the right, which would (in theory?) adjust and bring the rounds back to center by muzzle blast?!?

I've already pinged the front sight to the right, we'll see if that corrects it. I'll shoot with the bayonet next time also for the helluvit.

I don't see how a bayonet would adjust for elevation though in this configuration. Extra weight out front would be kinda far fetched I'd think...

The under edge of the slide on the rear sight has been filed on by armourers past, I can see how it would bear against the rear-sight base ears. Seems they had to get the rear sight down a little also.

The Russians were/are real fond of their bayonets, they were sighted in when they left the factory with the bayonet fixed, they didn't even issue a scabbord for it. So shooting without the bayonet fixed will change your poi. Some people do put some kind of extension on the front sight to lower the poi either using shrink tubing or a split pin etc.
they are fun to shoot and researching all the markings is almost as much fun.

Does anyone recall the PDX gunshow vendor that was from Oregon and dealt in bulk surplus ammo? I'm familiar with the WA folks near Fort Lewis, I thought there was someone out of PDX or maybe Salem/Eugene.

Yeah, now I gotta feed it-

I think the copper-wash light ball will be the way to go, my wife is showing an interest in the rifle:s0155:

Does anyone recall the PDX gunshow vendor that was from Oregon and dealt in bulk surplus ammo? I'm familiar with the WA folks near Fort Lewis, I thought there was someone out of PDX or maybe Salem/Eugene.

I think the copper-wash light ball will be the way to go, my wife is showing an interest in the rifle:s0155:

I'm not aware of which gun dealers have surplus ammo. I was at the gunshow in Canby a couple of weeks ago, and I think a couple of them had that stuff, but I can't recall which ones. I bought my stuff, Russian light ball in a crate, from an outfit in New Jersey. It was $210 for 880 rnds, shipped. It took about a week to get here.

I saw several dealers who had in the can surplus at the show. I bought mine from a forum member here who goes by the handle Willamette Valleyfirearms. He is based in Hillsboro.

As long as there's a Mosin questions thread...I don't mean to sound as stupid as I am, but what do the numbers of the adjustable sight correspond to? I've heard they were for raining bullets down on the enemy indiscriminately as opposed to for true marksmanship, but what unit of measurement is it?

Thanks

As long as there's a Mosin questions thread...I don't mean to sound as stupid as I am, but what do the numbers of the adjustable sight correspond to? I've heard they were for raining bullets down on the enemy indiscriminately as opposed to for true marksmanship, but what unit of measurement is it?

Thanks

Depends on how old the gun is. They are either in Arshins (a unit of measurement of about 28 inches) or in meters. The gun you have is probably in meters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top