JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, intake of sugar, white flour, corn syrup isn't the problem except maaaaaybe in a small percentage of folks.

That baloney you hear or read in so-called 'self-help' books regarding lard butts is bogus for the most part.

Laziness, lack of physical activity, couch potato-enter-itis....now that's a sugar cane stock of a different color...

Heck, if people did no more than walk a mile or two a day (not moseying, but like they're trying to get somewhere) fat-asses would instead be slim derrieres...

As to Americans being tubs o'guts, they ain't alone. Look at all the western industrialized nations and their people - most all blubber butts cuz they hate to get off the sidewalk.

But ok nancy, wring yer dainty little hands and eat something exotic, fancy and ludicrously expensive, but don't, for heaven's sake, break a sweat. Why you could ruin your poseur logger shirt with unsightly underarm stains, not to mention wrinkling your new boots that have never seen a chain saw or real dirt...

Now, to sit down to eat a monstrous size bowl of ice cream, belch, then go out split some firewood for the upcoming winter.

P.S. yes, it's get moderately cold in Texas come December and I burn lots of oak. One cuz it's fun, keeps me warm, looks and sounds beautiful and po's the greenie dips...sticks. Though that ilk isn't in my neighborhood, but it's the thought that counts.
you definitely gotta keep moving, BUT the quality of the food definitely matters. People, in this country, only ate 1/10 as much white processed sugar as they do now. Before herbicides and pesticides came into existence you dealt with weeds/pests by killing them the mechanical way-if you know what I mean. Flour's were processed much differently. People ate more veggies and meat when they could get it and LOTS of fats. Its not the food its the source of said food!!!

No, intake of sugar, white flour, corn syrup isn't the problem except maaaaaybe in a small percentage of folks.

That baloney you hear or read in so-called 'self-help' books regarding lard butts is bogus for the most part.

Laziness, lack of physical activity, couch potato-enter-itis....now that's a sugar cane stock of a different color...

Heck, if people did no more than walk a mile or two a day (not moseying, but like they're trying to get somewhere) fat-asses would instead be slim derrieres...

As to Americans being tubs o'guts, they ain't alone. Look at all the western industrialized nations and their people - most all blubber butts cuz they hate to get off the sidewalk.

But ok nancy, wring yer dainty little hands and eat something exotic, fancy and ludicrously expensive, but don't, for heaven's sake, break a sweat. Why you could ruin your poseur logger shirt with unsightly underarm stains, not to mention wrinkling your new boots that have never seen a chain saw or real dirt...

Now, to sit down to eat a monstrous size bowl of ice cream, belch, then go out split some firewood for the upcoming winter.

P.S. yes, it's get moderately cold in Texas come December and I burn lots of oak. One cuz it's fun, keeps me warm, looks and sounds beautiful and po's the greenie dips...sticks. Though that ilk isn't in my neighborhood, but it's the thought that counts.
I've never met a keto freak that works out hard.
If they say they are, I say prove it.
No energy

I've never met a keto freak that works out hard.
If they say they are, I say prove it.
No energy

I can get you a guest pass to join me at my gym if your ever in town.

Unless you are just phishing for half naked photos of me... I guess that could be arranged;).

16 weeks in and Im working out harder then I was pre-keto and seeing better results.

I can get you a guest pass to join me at my gym if your ever in town.

Unless you are just phishing for half naked photos of me... I guess that could be arranged;).

16 weeks in and Im working out harder then I was pre-keto and seeing better results.
Really?
What about when your in ketoususmanomsus?

Some look at food with the flair of a pinky thrusting/metro-sexual decrying 'all' must follow their approach to eating, or else they won't get into "club effete".

Kinda like the 'mommy staters' insisting 'their' way or the highway...this food is bad, oh and no, you can't eat that, put that down, stop eating that, I'm getting so frustrated with you folks that make your own food choices - now I'll stamp my pretty little, painted toenails if don't mind me...

Some look at food with the flair of a pinky thrusting/metro-sexual decrying 'all' must follow their approach to eating, or else they won't get into "club effete".

Kinda like the 'mommy staters' insisting 'their' way or the highway...this food is bad, oh and no, you can't eat that, put that down, stop eating that, I'm getting so frustrated with you folks that make your own food choices - now I'll stamp my pretty little, painted toenails if don't mind me...

Nobody cares what you do. Nobody is telling anyone else what to do. Being educated isn't femme or metro or whatever. If being educated on nutrition isn't your thing, cool, you do you.

That's what I'm doing...while having my 'food' opinions even when such are not always popular, hhhmmm mostly, but no, not always.

Now, do I have 'soy latte' recipe to die for...the secret is that lump of tofu I add right after blending, plus the organic water, the recently harvested, coarse ground bean sprouts, gleaned by the hands of 14 year old Samoan virgins I might add, twice cooked kale in synthetic cheese, quinoa soaked in ocean spray, and well, if I gave away all the secrets of my dishes you'd have to pay for them.

Ta ta!

That's what I'm doing...while having my 'food' opinions even when such are not always popular, hhhmmm mostly, but no, not always.

Now, do I have 'soy latte' recipe to die for...the secret is that lump of tofu I add right after blending, plus the organic water, the recently harvested, coarse ground bean sprouts, gleaned by the hands of 14 year old Samoan virgins I might add, twice cooked kale in synthetic cheese, quinoa soaked in ocean spray, and well, if I gave away all the secrets of my dishes you'd have to pay for them.

Ta ta!
You lost me at organic water

Oregonh,

A bit of 'out there' food humor.

Oh, and another dee-light-ful recipe: Sliced, diced, cleaned of soil and debarked, marinated oak tree roots boiled in pine sap oozing, tossed with a bit of frazzled elderberry's - now that, that's some eatin.

P.S. Not for the 'false of teeth' folk.

I just try (not always successful) and mostly eat alot of green vegetables, alot of fruit and raw nuts, some complex carbohydrates (potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice) and the best quality meat I can get. I also dont avoid real cheese, whole milk and eggs, just limit them.

I also dont go as far as avoiding grains. Just the least processed as possible, and again limit them.

Some people are just plain stupid...

Why post in a thread you don't give 2 bubblegums about - go get some like minded friends and and grip about whatever torques your chain instead of thread crapping constantly??

It's sad when the internet is the only social interaction a person gets:s0125:

Ok Folks, Lets keep the discussion from going south and refrain from the jabs at each other!
Friendly reminder!:cool:

There are many different thoughts and ideas out there, the whole point of discussion if to share those in a thoughtful and respectful manor, if you don't have something to add, please don't, and if you disagree, that's fine, do so respectfully! Otherwise you know what happens, and this thread joins the countless others in that morass of history of closed threads!

Ooops! Did not know about Splenda and sugar spikes. Will certainly bear that in mind. Anyway, Whole Earth sweetener tastes good. According to one source, it has:
  • Erythritol
  • Fructose
  • Chicory Root Fiber
  • Stevia Leaf Extract
  • Monk Fruit Extract
1 gm of fructose is not bad, as fructose is absorbed directly into the bloodstream without insulin. For that reason, fructose-containing orange juice will quickly bring levels up if you fall into hypoglycemia. From the Wiki on fructose:

"The European Food Safety Authority stated that fructose is preferable over sucrose and glucose in sugar-sweetened foods and beverages because of its lower effect on postprandial blood sugar levels, and also noted that "high intakes of fructose may lead to metabolic complications such as dyslipidaemia, insulin resistance, and increased visceral adiposity".[11] Further, the UK's Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition in 2015 disputed the claims of fructose causing metabolic disorders, stating that "there is insufficient evidence to demonstrate that fructose intake leads to adverse health outcomes independent of any effects related to its presence as a component of total and free sugars."

And erythritol is a sugar alcohol - but those are not sugars as we know sugar. Again, from the Wiki:

"Sugar alcohols are absorbed at 50% of the rate of sugars, resulting in less of an effect on blood sugar levels as measured by comparing their effect to [sucrose]] using the glycemic index"

For those who suffer from constipation, sugar alcohols are a natural laxative. THe effect depends upon how much you consume. As a drink sweetener, I think one would be fine. , causing water to gravitate to the colon.

Nevertheless, the debate rages on. I will certainly try the Monk Fruit sweetener.

The wife brought this home the other day from Costco.
It's the first sugar substitute that I've tried that isn't bad.....no nasty after-taste.
I'm not on a reduced sugar diet, but I find myself using this stuff in iced tea, etc.

View attachment 602082
Just bought a 1lb bag of this brand Monk Fruit Sweetener at the local Grocery Outlet. $5.99. Exp. date 2022. Will try it and get back...

Oh boy, zealots and a sense of humor...never the twain shall meet.

But, but, you mocked, huff/puff - wait let me get my breath, now, um, oh yeah, you made fun...

Yer just mean as mean can be, ya old meanie.

Yes, gulp, hanging my head in shame now that I've been righteously chastised.

Guess, I'll go away and eat worms - hey, brightening, they're low in complex hydro something or other...and high in protein.

A bit crunchy though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top