JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was good meeting you today. If you fallow through on your idea let us know so we can help. Right as I was leaving yesterday a bunch of people showed up and through pop bottles ect all over the ground to shoot. I tried to talk to them but the conveniently only spoke russian and the only russian words I know would only insult them. So odds are they probably left all their garb all over the place.

I really hope they did clean it up, But that would be wishful thinking. I will be calling ODFW and BLM today to ask them about the area. Hopefully this doesnt turn around and bite me in the, well you know.

Well i can not get a straight answer out of ODFW or BLM. If i was to regurgitate what i was told by them you would be very confused.

I suggest leaving well enough alone. Its public lands and as long as the public continues its efforts to maintain the pit (so far just members of this board), BLM or ODFW or whoever won't mess with its open access as a shooting range. If you get the .gov involved I can see them reviewing the pits use and shutting it down for any b.s. reason they can find. They could make the argument that the hill of rocks backstop isn't big enough, using the pits outside of Estacada as a standard for what they deem acceptable.

Sorry I missed this. It looks like you all were out there when I was out of town. :( I helped at two of these cleanups this year, so my goal for 2011 is to make it to at least three, and hopefully bring more people to help keep these areas clean. Thank you to everyone that was at this cleanup, or any of the others:s0155:

I am heading up this morning to take a look for the first time... Using GPS for getting there from just outside of Molalla, if anyone else is going let me know...

I am heading up this morning to take a look for the first time... Using GPS for getting there from just outside of Molalla, if anyone else is going let me know...

I havent been able to get away from my office for months now. Still trying to get my home office to hire a relief for us, so we can have a day off.

I'm headed there myself this morning.

Nice, hopefully I can find the place.. My daughter has a dental apt at 10, and then were are heading up there to check it out... Grey/Blue 2006 Chevy 4 dr Silverado w/matching canopy, feel free to introduce yourself...

I wouldn't reccommend anyone trying to make it more comfortable with benches & such.
First off, kids without targets would just shoot the heck out of them.

Secondly, if it seems like an organized range, & some nimrod shoots themselves in the foot, they'll try to sue, then next thing you know, boulders will be blocking the road & there'll be a sign saying no shooting.

Thanks for your work guys.
I noticed it got cleaned a while back but had no idea who did it.

I generally go down the road & set up targets to shoot my pistol & do 20 round drum dumps with the Saiga 12s for reliability testing alone & don't like the idea of having someone I don't trust right there as I go down range to mark my targets. (yeah, I clean up my own stuff) but I noticed the main area was getting rather cluttered.

Do be careful out there.
I've seen big groups of Mexi-G's up there, many WAY TO YOUNG to be carrying pistols, & lots of Tweekers, so I keep my scoped rifle at the ready at all times to return fire should anyone get foolish.

Yeah, I'm the guy who blocks that side road with the creme colored TownCar as everyone looks over as what sounds like a full auto shotgun is blasting away. :)

Been really busy with business lately so haven't been up there much in the last couple of months though.

So the drive was nice and the GPS dropped me right on the spot... Ran into Gaust up there, but only stayed a few minutes to run a few rounds through my daily carry. Place was kind of clean, but I am sure it will need some clean up work in the near future... I was not there the last time it was cleaned, but happy to help next time, just let me know.. Thanks again for posting the location...

Took the kids up to shoot today (Tuesday). I think somebody got a new shotgun from the carpet of hulls there. I was amazed that there weren't any appliances or major debris. Just LOTS of shotgun hulls. The kids and I are up for the next clean up.

When I go out to shoot I lay out one of those big cheap tarps. It makes it easy to pick up any stray trash I may have dropped and also to collect my brass re-loadable and other wise.

We were up there last Sunday afternoon. Two other groups of folks, including one group of bubblegums who sent a few rounds downrange when folks were setting up their targets...

We picked up our brass for reloading and a garbage bag full of shotgun hulls. Our little area looked better, but the whole thing is littered with shotgun hulls and small targets (bottles etc....)

Good times.

Greg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews