JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well i am planning on going up there friday with my tacoma, so if anyone wants to roll with me up there let me know. Just PM me i work graveyard so i will be on and off all night till 6am. But the pit looks great in the photos, Oh and i will probably be leaving to go to the pit at around 8am or so.

-casey

Molalla huh where this at never heard of it. Some one post directions or a link? Id be glad to help clean up to beable to have a decent place to shoot.

drive to estacada, go straight, just pass the store at the res, first bridge turn right go 5 miles pit is on the left. take 4 wheel drive chains and a good jack, with shovel.

drive to estacada, go straight, just pass the store at the res, first bridge turn right go 5 miles pit is on the left. take 4 wheel drive chains and a good jack, with shovel.

I think you missed the pic of the Honda Civic Si..

While I wouldnt take my own cars up there, you certainly don't need 4 wheel drive or a shovel..

i was up there yesterday there is 3 feet of snow at the pit, and i had to 4 wheel all the way from snow line to pit, but whatever, take your car if you want.

i was up there yesterday there is 3 feet of snow at the pit, and i had to 4 wheel all the way from snow line to pit, but whatever, take your car if you want.

44.996156, -122.481797 - Google Maps

This is the location..

This is what it looked like when there was an "Oregon snow and ice storm".. A bit ago anyway..

snowatpit.jpg

I somehow doubt there is 3 feet of snow up there at the moment.

Its only like, what.. 1200 feet?

When you say "res" what do you mean? I think you are talking about the wrong place possibly. Yes there is snow in the foothills but I don't think that it snowed that much between the weekend and yesterday.

are you leaving in the morning from the mollalla area? i can meet you anywhere in town if you need help picking up garbage. would love to have somewhere to do a little shooting locally. just text me or give me a call. Wife is driving me nuts so getting out would be good. Dont tell her i said that. 971 218 5770

are you leaving in the morning from the mollalla area? i can meet you anywhere in town if you need help picking up garbage. would love to have somewhere to do a little shooting locally. just text me or give me a call. Wife is driving me nuts so getting out would be good. Dont tell her i said that. 971 218 5770

I work all day tomorrow and Sat. :/ If I get out there, soonest for me again is next Sunday..

hey y'all I'm drafting the press release about the clean-up efforts, will try to post a draft tomorrow. AND, I can't drive myself but could likely join in the cleanup effort this Sunday... I live in the Woodstock area, have rake/shovel/bags (and pistols for a bit of fun after the work is done :D ) If I could tag along with anyone, I'd be glad to kick in for gas etc & buy ya a coffee sometime beforehand so you can meet me and know I'm not a sketchy!

So here is my question to you all and anyone interested. If there was a way to setup a basic range, with tables and some form of target holders. Maybe even go the extra mile and possibly builld a shelter of some sorts if ok with the powers that be. Would that make it a cleaner area or more problematic.

So here is my question to you all and anyone interested. If there was a way to setup a basic range, with tables and some form of target holders. Maybe even go the extra mile and possibly builld a shelter of some sorts if ok with the powers that be. Would that make it a cleaner area or more problematic.

goooood questions. What agencies would be involved? Forest Service? County Sheriff? There's probably inevitable liability questions if it's a range with any sorta structures(?) BUT it sure bears looking into. If anybody can give me some directions or pointers of where to look for the info, I'm glad to do some syber/phone work.

i would look at clackamas county regulations, seeing how they are the geographic code inforcement agency. I dont know if any of you have been over to stevenson washington and used the range there. They have Picnic tables, garbage cans and large wire spools as impromptu tables, But they do not have target stands.
I was thinking that if there was a way to make the area so that people feel that its an actually range they may feel more inclined to keep it clean. so that they have a safe clean place to shoot.

Look what i found!
<broken link removed>

Projects eligible for reimbursement include backstops, berms, target holders, benches, baffles, protective fencing, signs, lighting, field courses, platforms, roads, parking areas, sanitary facilities, storage rooms, shelter buildings and classrooms. All range construction must be on lands owned by the applicant or lands controlled by the applicant by a use permit, lease or easement that ensures use for a minimum of 10 years.

Thats a bummer.. Wonder what it would take to get a permit.. /hmm

hey y'all I'm drafting the press release about the clean-up efforts, will try to post a draft tomorrow. AND, I can't drive myself but could likely join in the cleanup effort this Sunday... I live in the Woodstock area, have rake/shovel/bags (and pistols for a bit of fun after the work is done :D ) If I could tag along with anyone, I'd be glad to kick in for gas etc & buy ya a coffee sometime beforehand so you can meet me and know I'm not a sketchy!

If you participated in the clean up as well, please contact Atypicalparkie for how you'd like to be identified and as well, point out who you are in a pic if you want. :)

Went up to the range today. There was a little bit of trash nothing big. Talked with a forum memeber that was there, unfortunetly i am really bad with names so i can't remember his name. We talked about the possiblity of some how getting in contact with who ever owns the land and possibly turning it into a range.
I really think that if we put some garbage cans and some moveable (chained to the ground of course) covered shooting benches people that visit the range might be a little more respectful, Maybe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top