JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, All!

I have kind of an "issue" here with my trigger finger. Wasn't sure which forum to post in, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place.......

I have large, fat fingers. My friends I play guitars with will attest to this. "Sausage Fingers Jimmie", they call me.... Probably why my Proctology career failed......

Anyway, part of my index/trigger finger rubs on the inside of the trigger guard of my Ruger American Compact.
IMG_20201110_221428687~2.jpg
The part of the "side" of my index finger (see arrow in photo) rubs on the inside of a casting/mould ridge of the trigger guard.

Does anyone else here have issues like this with their gun? Has anybody ever taken a file or sandpaper to these plastic frames to modify them for reasons like this, or whatever?

My issues were a bit different from yours, but it sounds like the culprit was like yours, a tiny polymer ridge on my Shield 9. I didn't think twice before caressing the offending area with fine emery cloth. It was either that, or part ways with a firearm that otherwise suited me just fine. I worked at it slowly and carefully to avoid taking too much. That little smoothing got rid of the ridge, and I seriously doubt that it affected the integrity, or the value, of the firearm. Since then, I haven't needed to bandage up during (or after) a range session.

I'd sand either your finger or the casting line on the trigger guard , whichever seems easier or less painful...:D
Seriously though , get rid of the casting line....just do the work slowly and cleanly.
Andy

Cool, thanks fellas!!! I've been scheming on doing this, but thought it best to consult the wisdom of others before I attacked it with a file or sandpaper.

I'd sand either your finger or the casting line on the trigger guard , whichever seems easier or less painful...:D

Hee hee, that poor finger has been tortured enough over the years that it probably wouldn't hurt much........ ;)

Thanks again, y'all!!!

Hee hee, that poor finger has been tortured enough over the years that it probably wouldn't hurt much........ ;)
Well with that in mind....
If you were to sand yer finger...it would then fit more guns , other than your Ruger American Compact...:eek: :D
Hmm...this idea might explain why no one has subscribed to my You Tube Channel.....:D
Andy

If you stipple the inside of the trigger guard you will eliminate your initial complaint... and possibly reduce that offending finger to a reasonable dimension. :s0062:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top