JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The m10 ak is decent quality... Ak's are cheap and reliable but less precise. Both will hit a man sized target at 100yds...

It comes down to fun factor...handle both and get what fits right...

Most ak's have fixed stock, while most ar's have adjustable ones...

I bought my ar first then the ak...

The stock ak does have a better trigger...

either a gas piston Ar or a plain jane Ak depending on your budget. 7.62 is getting expensive especially for crappy steel cased ammo I would take a Ak74 over a 47 ammo is about half the cost

so far this isn't working out at all.
- first guy was going to sell a Norinco and backed out
- gunbroker.com won't accept my bid or user account because i haven't used it for awhile so I missed out on 5 rifles that WERE for sale
- found a shop in Florida that had 11 of them in stock yesterday, 4 today. And when I called to ask if they could sell me one and take my debit over the phone they said NO.
Then told me to call back monday at 1:00 and talk to the internet guy that doesn't work weekends and hungup on me. Of course they will all be gone by then. Arizona Shooting Range does horrible business.

I have never tried to throw $7-800 at people at get rejected everytime. :huh:

If there is anybody selling a quality AK please let me know!

Thats how it's going right now for ak's. Vendors on the ak forums have been saying that their phone has been ringing
of the hook for aks .People are buying into the thoughts of another AWB and are trying to get it before it's gone. The Portland gun show is happening this weekend and it's probally a long shot but they might have something.

To bad your in Oregon. I got a couple milled ak's I would sell ya.

Wasrs going for $600. Wow. Times have changed. Good to see you found one and not too bad of a price considering ak's are a hot item lately.

10 more mags and about 1000 round and your set!

Dude, just go down to Curts or Northwest Armory (or even Walmart) and get a Colt 6920 or similar if you need an AR right now, or if you want a top AK, wait a few weeks until the Northwest gets some Arsenal SGLs in. You'd be supporting local businesses who will gladly take your money instead of mail order goofballs who don't.

Keith

weeks? I don't know if I have that kind of patience to wait for a rifle I don't even want. And I have zero interest in an AR-15.

Sorry, I misread your original post. It can be read that you were looking for either an AK or an AR, but that reliability was your top concern. At least that's how I read it. I see what you are saying now.

There's a fellow selling a converted Saiga on the NWFA trader right now around $650. That's a good deal for a conversion and you'd be getting an Ishevsk-made Russian rifle with a few US-made 922 compliance parts thrown in.

You are SOL on Arsenal AKs right now. I wasn't able to find one locally. I did find an interesting Yugo M92 'krinkov' pistol over at Northwest Armory a few weeks ago. 100% Yugo (none of that 922r crap with a 'pistol') and by adding a sling adapter and sling you'd have a handy close-in half-rifle. Its essentially identical to the M95 that Serbia produces for military use and export except without select fire and underfolding stock. Its an ideal candidate for a side folder SBR.

Keith

Is anybody else confused here besides me? You were looking for an AR but know no interest? You bought a Wasr but want something else. I am not sure you even know what you want. As far as AR and reliability, for $ 1000.00 bones you can get a pretty reliable platform that will also be quite accurate. Gas piston systems work well but I really have never seen the need on an AR unless you are never planning on cleaning it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top