JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a POF Renegade+ in 5.56 and it is a beast. It has some neat innovative features like the dictator gas block, heat sink barrel nut, e2 ejection and rolling cam wheel. It shoots great, has been accurate and 100% reliable. There isn't really anything I can think of that I don't like about it, and I haven't swapped out a single part. They pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. I don't think I would pay MSRP, but I picked up a lightly used one for a great deal on here several years back.
I have one in 300BO and just picked up a p415 Edge from a pawnshop for $1000. Dirty as all get out but cleaned up really nice. Turns out it was only 2 years old (sold in 2021). I do like the roller cam which can be used in any other rifle. Sure wish I still had my Revolution (308).

PWS reputation is for excellent rifles. I don't own one, but got to shoot a mag through a 112 some time ago and their long stroke piston was very smooth.

POF- I'm a fan.
Started with the 308 up top in 2010 or 11 and it's been a stellar performer-with FGMM 175s off a sled it was a 1/2 MOA gun- far better than I'm able to shoot it.
It's been usurped by the Revolution - it's been fed mostly. mil surp and it has been 100% reliable with and without the suppressor- It really does handle and shoot like a 5.56, ( until I hung all that scopage and a 2lb can off the front...),the ambidextrous lower is very well done and the trigger guard BHO is clever. It's a very well thought through rifle
Bottom is a 556 Renegade + that I picked up off a member here- only taken it out twice, but it's a nice shooter.
IMG_3085.jpg

I bought a PWS to see just what the fuss is all about. 50 rounds in the ejector post lost its 'bounce' so I called and they had me send the cpmplete upper back in to them. Frankly, sending me a new bolt would have been quicker, but warranty is warranty. Got it back yesterday so will hopefully get to a range today/tomorrow but its pretty chilly today. I'll shoot it just to shoot it but not shooting for perfection, just groups.

I agree with your assessment of POFs in general. Until you have one in hand and get to shoot one it's hard to appreciate that build. My 300BO and p415 Edge are lightweight and very smooth shooters. My Revolution (308) was also and it tipped the scale at less than 8lbs (naked- no scope or magazine). Sold that 308 but that won't happen again.

Don't sell any of them. Don't be like me (Wah!). That Revolution is almost twice what I paid for my original one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top