JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have one of these on the way and I'm looking around for a better sight arrangement than the carrying handle and the front tower. I'm thinking along the lines of a "Fiber Optic", Ghost Ring etc.
I don't want a Red Dot, as I maybe wing shooting as well as turkeys, or other stationary game.:)

This guy has some good ideas, but his Red Dot is more than I want to spend, so I'll stick with the "Dead Ringer" for a rear sight. I dug around and came up with a 2 rail gas block for a .223 barrel. It's in the 4 jaw chuck now and I'll bore it out to the shotgun barrel diameter. I intend to install a short "Tower" on it with a fiber optic post. Trying to keep things simple.
Pictures as I go along.:)

My MKA 1919 Front Sight Solution - MKA-1919

This guy has some good ideas, but his Red Dot is more than I want to spend, so I'll stick with the "Dead Ringer" for a rear sight. I dug around and came up with a 2 rail gas block for a .223 barrel. It's in the 4 jaw chuck now and I'll bore it out to the shotgun barrel diameter. I intend to install a short "Tower" on it with a fiber optic post. Trying to keep things simple.
Pictures as I go along.:)

My MKA 1919 Front Sight Solution - MKA-1919

How do you like the shotgun? I read an article and instantly wanted/still want one.

Brutus out

It will be here Wednesday afternoon.:)
I had to have one...:rolleyes:
This will replace my Winchester Pump SS Marine Riot Gun.:p
All of the other long guns in my safe are AR configurations from .177 Pellet, to .458 SoCom. :eek:

I took the bases from a set of rail mounted sights and put the "Duck Buster"
on them. :eek:
It took some tinkering.:rolleyes:

Other than the dummy gas block on the front, there are no other changes to the gun and I can always go to a Red Dot if I want to.;)

Last Edited:
Ran into a problem today attempting to field strip my MKA 1919 it seems the lock nut for the gas regulator has a "Left Handed Thread". This is a recent change not found on the older models. In the Owners Manual It says and I quote. "The small nut is now a reserved thread to keep the gas system and barrel tight".:confused:..o_O. OK. That was perfectly clear to the person that wrote it. :rolleyes::p

That didn't cause me to wonder as much as, referring to the "Jamb" nun as "The Small Nut." :confused:

I also have a "Bug Zapper" who's warning says,
"Not to be used on children under the age of 10.":p

Last Edited:
Shotgun-4.jpg Shotgun-3.jpg

Shotgun-1.jpg Boring out an AR15 gas block to fit over the shotgun barrel Shotgun Sights.jpg
Sights and gas block are easily removable if I ever want to go to a Red Dot.:rolleyes:

29° F But I got a chance to shoot today. This was 4 rounds of Brenneke Slugs followed by 1 Round of #4 Shot, off of a rest at 35 yards.....Just wait until my wife sees the couch and the wall..:rolleyes::p Found later the front sight was cocked to the left.
Shot Target-1.jpg Shot Target-2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR