JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have one of these on the way and I'm looking around for a better sight arrangement than the carrying handle and the front tower. I'm thinking along the lines of a "Fiber Optic", Ghost Ring etc.
I don't want a Red Dot, as I maybe wing shooting as well as turkeys, or other stationary game.:)

This guy has some good ideas, but his Red Dot is more than I want to spend, so I'll stick with the "Dead Ringer" for a rear sight. I dug around and came up with a 2 rail gas block for a .223 barrel. It's in the 4 jaw chuck now and I'll bore it out to the shotgun barrel diameter. I intend to install a short "Tower" on it with a fiber optic post. Trying to keep things simple.
Pictures as I go along.:)

My MKA 1919 Front Sight Solution - MKA-1919

This guy has some good ideas, but his Red Dot is more than I want to spend, so I'll stick with the "Dead Ringer" for a rear sight. I dug around and came up with a 2 rail gas block for a .223 barrel. It's in the 4 jaw chuck now and I'll bore it out to the shotgun barrel diameter. I intend to install a short "Tower" on it with a fiber optic post. Trying to keep things simple.
Pictures as I go along.:)

My MKA 1919 Front Sight Solution - MKA-1919

How do you like the shotgun? I read an article and instantly wanted/still want one.

Brutus out

It will be here Wednesday afternoon.:)
I had to have one...:rolleyes:
This will replace my Winchester Pump SS Marine Riot Gun.:p
All of the other long guns in my safe are AR configurations from .177 Pellet, to .458 SoCom. :eek:

I took the bases from a set of rail mounted sights and put the "Duck Buster"
on them. :eek:
It took some tinkering.:rolleyes:

Other than the dummy gas block on the front, there are no other changes to the gun and I can always go to a Red Dot if I want to.;)

Last Edited:
Ran into a problem today attempting to field strip my MKA 1919 it seems the lock nut for the gas regulator has a "Left Handed Thread". This is a recent change not found on the older models. In the Owners Manual It says and I quote. "The small nut is now a reserved thread to keep the gas system and barrel tight".:confused:..o_O. OK. That was perfectly clear to the person that wrote it. :rolleyes::p

That didn't cause me to wonder as much as, referring to the "Jamb" nun as "The Small Nut." :confused:

I also have a "Bug Zapper" who's warning says,
"Not to be used on children under the age of 10.":p

Last Edited:
Shotgun-4.jpg Shotgun-3.jpg

Shotgun-1.jpg Boring out an AR15 gas block to fit over the shotgun barrel Shotgun Sights.jpg
Sights and gas block are easily removable if I ever want to go to a Red Dot.:rolleyes:

29° F But I got a chance to shoot today. This was 4 rounds of Brenneke Slugs followed by 1 Round of #4 Shot, off of a rest at 35 yards.....Just wait until my wife sees the couch and the wall..:rolleyes::p Found later the front sight was cocked to the left.
Shot Target-1.jpg Shot Target-2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads