JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
38 Special
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I tend to be a shooter versus a collector and this exquisite old 38 is too nice for me to shoot. I have held on to it long enough so it is time to let this one go to someone who wants it more than I do. I'm letting this go for $1000. Blue Book of Gun values appraised value of $1250. If you want an old .38, there are many out there for a lot less. Somehow this one never seemed to leave the box, hence the higher value.

I'm also listing this on Gunbroker.com where I have more history as a trader.

Sale include S&W Letter of Authenticity, Gun, original box, original cleaning brush, original wax paper, and two 50 round boxes of old ammo are included in the sale. I would prefer meeting locally so the buyer can inspect, but will ship if necessary. Note that if you live in a state or city that prohibits online ammunition sales, the ammo will have to ship to your FFL.

Here's the info on the gun. The serial number, C41,XXX means it was made in 1949.
.38 S&W Special cal., double action revolver built on the square butt K 5 screw frame.
Mfg. circa 1946-1957. I have a letter of authenticity from Smith & Wesson and will include that as well.

"This model is a continuation of the previous model without the V serial prefix or the lanyard ring. S serial prefix postwar guns began as early as Dec. 27, 1944 at around s/n S769000. Postwar production frames will also have the four address lines of "Made In U.S.A., Marcas Registradas, Smith & Wesson Springfield, Mass." on the right side. C serial prefix began on March 22, 1948 starting over at C-1, and was also numbered concurrently with the M&P Airweights and the M&P .22 or pre-Model 45. Available in 2, 4, 5, or 6 in. round pinned barrel lengths with a 1/10 inch fixed round blade front sight and a square notch rear sight (later changed to 1/8 in.). Available in blue or nickel finish. Became the Model 10 in 1957. "

S&W .38 Right Side.jpg S&W .38 Box.jpg SW Ammo.jpg S&W MP 38_5 screw.jpg S&W MP in box.jpg

Thanks for looking! SW Authentication Letter Zoom in.jpg SW Authentication Letter.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.