Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Millions of animals are dying!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by rufus, Aug 3, 2010.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I would love to know where they get the numbers.

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

They pulled them from their asses.

But given the current state of government, this will probably go through...

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

This is a backdoor gun ban tactic, follow the money and you'll likely find Brady in there somewhere.

4. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Who needs Brady when you have Cass Sunstien?

5. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

"The petition references nearly 500 peer-reviewed scientific studies that starkly illustrate the widespread dangers from lead ammunition and fishing tackle. "

That is where you could see how they get their numbers, right from the petition!

6. weekendclimber

weekendclimber Overlooking Elliot Bay Member

Fine, ban lead. Steel ammunition is much more effective. Right?

7. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

Perhaps they should rethink some of those laws about dredging for gold and metal detecting for gold. Both hobbies find a LOT of lead and dispose of it properly. That clean up is done gratis. :)

Sod

8. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Yeah, the same peer-reviewed scientific papers tactic they used for the global warming hoax. All they have to do is submit peer-reviewed scientific papers and all debate is over.

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

by George Sorous (sp?) and he's funding the UN small arms treaty also.

10. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

Every animal killed with lead shot or bullets has died of "lead poisoning". So, if you hunt duck, deer or elk, you are GUILTY!!

Now, don't you feel just terrible? (Snidley Whiplash laugh in the background)

Sod

11. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Just when I thought the price of ammo wouldn't skyrocket for a while.

12. toobigtofail

toobigtofail PDX Member

I'll gladly give up lead for bullets if they let me use depleted uranium instead.

13. Correctthought

Correctthought The big PDX and Vicinity Member

Oh great, more hyperventilating morons looking to make themselves feel smug and morally superior by foisting a caring, means sharing hoax on the rest of the country.

:banghead:

14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I made spaghetti and meat balls for dinner. The meatballs were a homemade Italian sausage comprising Elk, Deer, Pork shoulder and ground beef, so at least 4 animals died so that I could have a wonderful meal! Life is good!

15. oregonswamper

oregonswamper Salem Active Member

Hopefully i can add 2 more to their list of millions this fall if everything goes well:D. My freezer is almost empty

16. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

I didn't review any of the anti lead studies, just answered the question 'where did they get their information'.

Global warming not going on is the hoax!
    A hoax brought to you by major energy companies, free market think tanks, the usual suspect rightie yappers, and even the Koch Brothers - the chief financiers of the tea party.

Of course you trust these people, who are actually in the business of proffessional grade BS, a lot more than 'scientists' who you can clearly see (through the implanted mind filter) as weasels manipulating the system. Amazing sets of blinders you folks can't wait to wear.

17. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Hunting waterfowl with lead shot does indeed cause a problem, as anybody could see if they weren't blinded by knee-jerk partisan demagoguery.

At least 90% of the pellets fired in hunting end up in the wetlands bottoms, which are then swallowed by ducks and geese that dredge the bottom for food. It's the lead in the birds' crops, not the lead in the soil, that causes the poisoning.

As far as the other lead risks go, they're negligible and relatively easy to mitigate, like by restricting target shooting in forests to approved areas which are cleaned up regularly by volunteers.

So just because there are egregious errors and exaggerations in the Bird Conservancy petition doesn't mean that it's all bunk.

If you want to be taken seriously then be serious, and don't pretend that you can scream down and stonewall responsible arguments.

18. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

And you didn't invite the rest of us?

19. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I guess the first person to come up with a polymer that's as heavy as lead, nontoxic and expands like lead... will be a millionaire.

20. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Five environmental groups want the EPA to ban lead in ammunition and fishing tackle, arguing that millions of animals are dying from eating lead-shot pellets...

I don't understand. Don't animals and birds eat bugs and plants and fish and other animals? Wouldn't it only be the retarded animals that eat lead pellets? Seems like culling the gene pool of retarded animals would be a good Darwinian kinda thing. (But I don't buy the "scientific studies" BS. Should have read "unscientific studies.")