JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would love to know where they get the numbers.

<broken link removed>
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: August 3, 2010

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Five environmental groups want the EPA to ban lead in ammunition and fishing tackle, arguing that millions of animals are dying from eating lead-shot pellets or carcasses contaminated by lead.

The American Bird Conservancy and the other groups filed a 100-page petition with the Environmental Protection Agency Tuesday seeking the ban under the Toxic Substances Control Act.

The petition includes hundreds of scientific studies which the groups say demonstrate the harm lead does to wildlife.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade group, called the petition an ''anti-hunting attack on traditional ammunition.'' It said there is no evidence lead ammunition is having an adverse impact on wildlife populations.

I would love to know where they get the numbers.

"The petition references nearly 500 peer-reviewed scientific studies that starkly illustrate the widespread dangers from lead ammunition and fishing tackle. "

That is where you could see how they get their numbers, right from the petition!

Perhaps they should rethink some of those laws about dredging for gold and metal detecting for gold. Both hobbies find a LOT of lead and dispose of it properly. That clean up is done gratis. :)

Sod

"The petition references nearly 500 peer-reviewed scientific studies that starkly illustrate the widespread dangers from lead ammunition and fishing tackle. "

That is where you could see how they get their numbers, right from the petition!

Yeah, the same peer-reviewed scientific papers tactic they used for the global warming hoax. All they have to do is submit peer-reviewed scientific papers and all debate is over.

I made spaghetti and meat balls for dinner. The meatballs were a homemade Italian sausage comprising Elk, Deer, Pork shoulder and ground beef, so at least 4 animals died so that I could have a wonderful meal! Life is good!

Yeah, the same peer-reviewed scientific papers tactic they used for the global warming hoax. All they have to do is submit peer-reviewed scientific papers and all debate is over.

I didn't review any of the anti lead studies, just answered the question 'where did they get their information'.

Global warming not going on is the hoax!
A hoax brought to you by major energy companies, free market think tanks, the usual suspect rightie yappers, and even the Koch Brothers - the chief financiers of the tea party.

Of course you trust these people, who are actually in the business of proffessional grade BS, a lot more than 'scientists' who you can clearly see (through the implanted mind filter) as weasels manipulating the system. Amazing sets of blinders you folks can't wait to wear.

Hunting waterfowl with lead shot does indeed cause a problem, as anybody could see if they weren't blinded by knee-jerk partisan demagoguery.

At least 90&#37; of the pellets fired in hunting end up in the wetlands bottoms, which are then swallowed by ducks and geese that dredge the bottom for food. It's the lead in the birds' crops, not the lead in the soil, that causes the poisoning.

As far as the other lead risks go, they're negligible and relatively easy to mitigate, like by restricting target shooting in forests to approved areas which are cleaned up regularly by volunteers.

So just because there are egregious errors and exaggerations in the Bird Conservancy petition doesn't mean that it's all bunk.

If you want to be taken seriously then be serious, and don't pretend that you can scream down and stonewall responsible arguments.

I guess the first person to come up with a polymer that's as heavy as lead, nontoxic and expands like lead... will be a millionaire.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Five environmental groups want the EPA to ban lead in ammunition and fishing tackle, arguing that millions of animals are dying from eating lead-shot pellets...

I don't understand. Don't animals and birds eat bugs and plants and fish and other animals? Wouldn't it only be the retarded animals that eat lead pellets? Seems like culling the gene pool of retarded animals would be a good Darwinian kinda thing. (But I don't buy the "scientific studies" BS. Should have read "unscientific studies.")

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top