JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One might think it has to do with being raised in an urban environment. Yet, even here in the stix I run into parents raising their children to fear just the sight of a firearm. For gosh sakes, where's the logic in that? I can't imagine that happening out on a ranch or farm enviro.

As some of them admit it's not for them and for others they still vote against it and strip others from fun.

As much fun as they had, I personally would have had them shoot a 380/9/40/45 long before letting them shoot the 500.

If I had never shot before and someone put a 500 in my hand and I shot it, my whole views may be skewed.

When taking someone to the range I always start off with smaller calibers. Then I bring out the 500. I shoot the first round to let them know what they are in for (sound, percussion, kick, et al). THEN I offer to let them shoot it. I'm about 50/50 people taking me up on the offer.

Thanks for sharing. Appears 4 more are "converted". :)

The NDs were a nice touch...
Seriously. I'm happy they were under strong supervision but anywhere else they would have gotten kicked out.

Larry Vickers did a Medal of Honor Warfighter series where he took the programmers for the game out to the range to shoot the real versions of the guns. They did very well and some of them had little to no experience. It definitely has a lot to do with the mindset of how you go into the experience of shooting for the first time.

larry vickers medal of honor - YouTube

I'm a millennial. My Dad was/is really into guns and would even compete. I remember him taking me to gun stores with him when I was little. He always reminded me to be extra cautious when handling a firearm. I remember him buying me toy guns whenever he bought a gun. Looking back, I am happy that my Dad introduced me to guns at such a young age. All of my friends were scared of real guns and often give me a look when I talk about my passion for guns. Oh well, don't run to me when the zombies come :cool:.

You would have been 12 by the turn of the 21st century so yes. The question is would you be better than the other millennials.

well, i hope so! l but i am no better in my eyes than the next law abiding citizen. i try to be a good person. i have morals, a concious, i work, i pay taxes and I DONT GO THROWIN A FIT WHEN MY CANDIDATE LOSES.

A good buddy told me his Grandpa told him when he was a youngster, to think about what this means:
"A man who bets is a better. But, a man who doesnt bet is no better."

well, i hope so! l but i am no better in my eyes than the next law abiding citizen. i try to be a good person. i have morals, a concious, i work, i pay taxes and I DONT GO THROWIN A FIT WHEN MY CANDIDATE LOSES.
You're not qualified enough to be like them. You have to stop working, say taxes are meant to pay for your stuff, and partake in riots whenever a candidate you vote for loses.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top