JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's not the current bid, it's the opening bid. The auction has not started and will not start for another 8-days. Then it runs for the next 5-days. I have watched these auctions in the past trying to get a deal, and by the time the auction ends it is always well over $1000+. The last one I watched was for (3) 5-gallon buckets and it went for $700+.

If anyone scores a good bid (that is a bargain price) for the brass, I live nearby and would be willing to buy in for 5 to 10 thousand 5.56 brass

Yeah, I noticed this auction also.

Would this be a possible group buy that we could coordinate? Would it be worth it?

Is there some smart reloader here who knows about how many casings that 500 lbs would constitute? Take 10% off as waste, and determine what a smart top range bid would be?

Also, there's 500 lbs of 7.62 and 100 lbs of .50 cal all going at the same time.

Group buy anyone; partners?

I have 1,000 cases at 13.5 lbs

That means 37.5 lbs per 5,000 rds (correct me if wrong)

I am in for 5,000 cases if we can do a group buy

Blitzkrieg,

What is the going rate right now on the forums for 1,000 single fired 5.56mm casings?

Come on guys, let me know,, because with 4 or 5 of us together and an upper range (smartly calculated) we could stock the larders for a long time.

Last Edited:
Blitzkrieg,

What is the going rate right now on the forums for 1,000 single fired 5.56mm casings?

Come on guys, let me know,, because with 4 or 5 of us together and an upper range (smartly calculated) we could stock the larders for a long time.

Blitzkrieg,

Midway is selling it for $89 a thousand, but I consider that gouging, IMO

Maybe $60 a thousand? But the market is crazy right now. I just traded for 2,000 LC brass for a fair price..

A rough estimate would be between 29-32k rounds for 500lbs with about 10% waste. Over on AR15.com I see that 1000 rounds non-processed cases are anywhere between $55-75 shipped. At a price of $70 per 1000 that works out to about $4.50 per pound.

I would be in for some brass, and maybe willing to try and coordinate the buy depending on how may guys we get together and how it works out. We would definitely need to get order figured out before the auction even starts. If we figure $3.00 for scrap brass per pound we would need to get $1,500.00 together for a bid. Obviously the price may go up from there. If I were to head the buy I would probably want to break it up by weight rather than "rounds" as it would be easier for me and shipping. That would be about 15.5 lbs per 1000 rounds, which I could then ship out via USPS.

So what do you guys think?

Will people actually pay scrap brass prices for spent cases? I see a lot of processing involved. There are steel primers and a lot of carbon, and some kind of coating on the brass involved that somehow has to be removed/refined from the mix. ??

Will people actually pay scrap brass prices for spent cases? I see a lot of processing involved. There are steel primers and a lot of carbon, and some kind of coating on the brass involved that somehow has to be removed/refined from the mix. ??

The primers are brass but for scrap purposes it's all good. I once looked at a gov auction when scrap brass was around $2.14 a pound. When sold as reloadable brass, the price was around $3.50 a pound but the bid price exceeded the $3.50 a pound amount.

While we might get around $2 a pound as scrap from a recycler, you have to remember that those recyclers as well as other wholesale big boys who buy scrap by the truckload are getting an even better price than what we can get. (unless we have that kind of quantity)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top