JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so, I have hundreds and hundreds of spent cases of 5.56 and 7.62 brass fired only once by the USMC back in '91
my god son gave it to me back then for reloading
BUT - it was fired out of automatic weapons and is very oversized
also has crimped primers which will have to be knocked out with a punch
my wife won't let me reload here, so it's just taking up room in my garage
in ziplocks and ammo cans, sill has dirt in the cases from the range at Camp Pendleton

is anyone interested? not for sale - I'll just give it to someone - you'll have to come up to Woodland to get it, I can meet someone in town if you want it
otherwise I put it recycling

send PM if interested

so, I have hundreds and hundreds of spent cases of 5.56 and 7.62 brass fired only once by the USMC back in '91
my god son gave it to me back then for reloading
BUT - it was fired out of automatic weapons and is very oversized
also has crimped primers which will have to be knocked out with a punch
my wife won't let me reload here, so it's just taking up room in my garage
in ziplocks and ammo cans, sill has dirt in the cases from the range at Camp Pendleton

is anyone interested? not for sale - I'll just give it to someone - you'll have to come up to Woodland to get it, I can meet someone in town if you want it
otherwise I put it recycling

send PM if interested
As a Seabee in '91 we shot a bunch of 556 and 308 at the Pendleton range, so much fun.

most of the brass was Lake City, but there was a fair amount of brass who's head stamp I didn't recognize
I learned the Marines loaded their old M60's with 4 to 1 tracer
all the odd head stamped brass I had were from tracer rounds

I hope whoever took it will share whether or not he (or she) was able to resize them with a standard full length sizing die. Or was it necessary to acquire the somewhat controversial small base sizing die?

I bought 1 K of 7.62 brass back in 2013, right after Sandy Hook. All fired out of a MG, easily 5% were culled due to torn cases or mangled rims. As I remember, it was a beotch to resize them, and where I discovered the benefit of using the lanolin / alcohol mix for case lubricity when resizing.

I bought 1 K of 7.62 brass back in 2013, right after Sandy Hook. All fired out of a MG, easily 5% were culled due to torn cases or mangled rims. As I remember, it was a beotch to resize them, and where I discovered the benefit of using the lanolin / alcohol mix for case lubricity when resizing.
Your cost was cheap. My Lake city 308 military brass cost me an AMP annealing machine! :s0114:

I hope whoever took it will share whether or not he (or she) was able to resize them with a standard full length sizing die. Or was it necessary to acquire the somewhat controversial small base sizing die?
I've sized THOUSANDS of both 5.56x45, and 7.62x51 using (Good) standard sizing dies....never an issue.

... and where I discovered the benefit of using the lanolin / alcohol mix for case lubricity when resizing.
Yup.
This mixture beats everything else hands down./

16550855719335967582037104986922.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads