JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I acquired 9 pounds of WC 872 military surplus powder and can't find any intel for it. Anyone out there have any resources where I might find loading data and applications? Thanks in advance.

I still have some, leftover from a jug I bought many years ago because it was so cheap (something like $3/lb back then).

I never used much of it because it was too slow for anything I load. In the .300 Win Mag (the largest I load for) it was marginal even with heavy bullets. If you don't mind lower than average velocities with a case full of powder, then it works fine.

If you load .300 Weatherby and bigger, then it's good. If you shoot the big guns like .30-378 on up to .50 BMG, then it's ideal.

I still have several OLD cans of H570 sitting on my shelf, that I picked up from an estate sale about 20 years ago, also too slow for my purposes.

I acquired 9 pounds of WC 872 military surplus powder and can't find any intel for it. Anyone out there have any resources where I might find loading data and applications? Thanks in advance.

Thas_NOT_how_this_works.jpg

I would have been looking for data BEFORE.....I bought the powder. BUT that's just me.

Aloha, Mark

I would have been looking for data BEFORE.....I bought the powder. BUT that's just me.
Yes, normally that's the wise thing to do.

Sometimes though, you run across a deal that's just too good to pass up. In those instances sometimes it's prudent to buy first and ask questions later. :)

What cartridges are you hoping to find data for?

Mostly 30-06 & 308 but if I wind up selling it I would want to know what other uses there are for it. It fell into my lap and you never have too much powder but now & then it makes sense to turn it into something else.

Mostly 30-06 & 308 but if I wind up selling it I would want to know what other uses there are for it. It fell into my lap and you never have too much powder but now & then it makes sense to turn it into something else.
You technically could use it for those rounds, but velocities will be very low, even with the case completely full. It's way too slow to be efficient in all but the biggest rounds.

Burning rate is similar to Accurate 8700 (some say they're the same), so that might be a good place to start.

Last Edited:
Have you loaded up any of the WC872 yet? I am seriouslly considering buying some for use in 7.62x54r, 30-06, 300 win mag, 25-06 and other cast bullet loads.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top